Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2007, 12:05 PM

27 posts, read 148,541 times

Advertisements

I am planning a trip to southern california during the week of March 26-30, is the weather warm enough to lay out on the beach, walk around in shorts during this time of the year?

We will primarily be in orange county and maybe a day or two in San Diego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2007, 02:47 PM

96 posts, read 751,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by europa View Post
I am planning a trip to southern california during the week of March 26-30, is the weather warm enough to lay out on the beach, walk around in shorts during this time of the year?

We will primarily be in orange county and maybe a day or two in San Diego.
You do have to watch for the rainy season- which starts in March- but chances are you'll be able to walk around fairly comfortably in shorts. You'll probably deal with a chill in the air when the breeze kicks up at the beach(due to the temp of the water still being cold), but probably not enough to warrant pants and a jacket. To be on the safe side, however, I would plan my beachside outings between noon and four (the warmest time of day), and bring some warm-weather clothes just in case of rain. Have fun!

Old 02-05-2007, 04:07 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeast View Post
You do have to watch for the rainy season- which starts in March- )
do you mean ends in march?!

Old 02-06-2007, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
do you mean ends in march?!
The trip is at the end of March, which is during the time of our regular rainy season. Our winter time produces very little rain; spring, however, is when we receive most of our nominal rain- as goes the saying, "April showers bring May flowers."

Old 02-06-2007, 11:45 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeast View Post
The trip is at the end of March, which is during the time of our regular rainy season. Our winter time produces very little rain; spring, however, is when we receive most of our nominal rain- as goes the saying, "April showers bring May flowers."
That's a nice saying for Kentucky or Virginia, but go to weatherchannel.com and you'll realize our rain ends in March, rather than begins in March. BTW, most of our rain is in the winter. Not trying to be disrespectful, just stating facts

Old 02-07-2007, 02:15 AM

892 posts, read 2,371,521 times
When we do have rain it is usually light sprinkles. Nothing to keep you from enjoying the day. Alot of the time it is gone by noon. Wearing shorts - depends on where you are from and what is hot for shorts to you. 65-80 degrees is usually March. I have a friend from Colorado and his first year out here, he wore shorts the whole year except for 4 days.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
That's a nice saying for Kentucky or Virginia, but go to weatherchannel.com and you'll realize our rain ends in March, rather than begins in March. BTW, most of our rain is in the winter. Not trying to be disrespectful, just stating facts
You may very well be right. I was basing my facts on personal experience, as opposed to actual weather stats. You see, my husband is a high jumper, and there have been several seasons (in spring) where his track meets have been cancelled due to rain. Bottom line is this: It's probably fine to plan for warm days at the beach, but bring a pair of pants just in case.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:46 PM

27 posts, read 148,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingfortheperfectplace View Post
When we do have rain it is usually light sprinkles. Nothing to keep you from enjoying the day. Alot of the time it is gone by noon. Wearing shorts - depends on where you are from and what is hot for shorts to you. 65-80 degrees is usually March. I have a friend from Colorado and his first year out here, he wore shorts the whole year except for 4 days.
Well, I am from Chicago. So far we've experienced temps in the negatives this winter and it doesn't get into the 60s until late April here. I think temps in the mid 70s would be ideal for us. Are there many people at the beach during this time?

Old 02-12-2007, 12:40 PM

892 posts, read 2,371,521 times
Yes there will be people at the beach in March. It is not as crowded as in the summer though. Even in the middle of winter you will see a few there.
Our favorite beach in Orange County is Balboa / Newport. A great restaurant is BJ's on Main st in Balboa Beach. There are more upscale restaurants there too but we just love that place. There is also a little ferris wheel and stuff. You can take a boat tour in Balboa harbor and see some famous houses. But really, any beach in Orange County is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California