Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2008, 02:05 PM

202 posts, read 534,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I just love the delusion.

Comprehensive Sexual Health Education - Comprehensive Sexual Health & HIV/AIDS Instruction (CA Dept of Education)

Marriage, a word from the Book of Genesis, being defined by our schools.

Next.
Uh, okay.

Well, here's the first sentence from the page you just posted:

Quote:
Education Code (EC) 51933 (Outside Source) specifies that school districts are not required to provide comprehensive sexual health education, but if they choose to do so, they shall comply with all of the requirements listed below.
So... nobody is required to teach your children anything. What exactly was the point you were going for?

And you're still willfully ignoring the fact that you can take your children out of any state-sponsored curriculum, for any reason.

Aaaaand... there's the B-word. Thank you for acknowledging that this proposition is about injecting religious doctrine into our constitution. This is where our conversation ends, because I have long since learned that there is no reasoning with "faith."

Old 11-04-2008, 02:08 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
Mormons overestimate their numbers.
Poisoning the well are we? Ask Auburn to define that for you, he's knows what that's all about.

Quote:
Mormons really seem to like to impose on other people.
You mean God has standards?

Old 11-04-2008, 02:08 PM

12 posts, read 22,390 times
Default Propostion 8

I'll be so glad once this is all done and over with, because honestly there are a surplus of people talking, protesting, and frankly getting all worked up over it. As far as i can really see though, this is a simple case of selective politicalism, after this half the people that flocked into the street's for either protest or support for this prop with go back to their homes and negate the fact that politcs exist once again. It's alittle pathetic that people can't get this enthustiastic about anything but a completly opinioned based propostion....but whatever. Everyone is so wraped up in their own cacoon of "knowledge" if thats what you'd like to call it to actually step back and see the ramifications of both sides whether win or lose, this isn't going to stop. Next year guess whats going to be on the ballot? The same thing.....until this prop is actually thought more in depth about and re-written to satisfy everyone.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:12 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,352,002 times
Quote:
They may or may not teach marriage-and 96% of schools do.

Thanks.
You mean they teach about the law? Perhaps we should change that, instead of something mildly associated with it. Why isn't Prop 8 for education reform if that's their goal?

Old 11-04-2008, 02:21 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Yes, that's why there are MORE Mormons outside of North America than within.

Very few organizations are as cosmoplitan and global as the Mormon Church is today.
Exclusionary in the way they treat non-Mormons and those who don't buy into their program. You chose to bend what I said.

Yes, cosmopolitan and global, because, hey, if they can get people to buy into the "have to reproduce" mentality, it means more Mormons and more $. At least the Catholic church, and practically all other Christian denominations, beyond their Medieval "black eye" or two, and more recently, the Catholic clergy scandals, neither ram marriage, procreation and tithing levels down people's throats. It's considered ideal, not required.

Back to Prop 8. I think that the Mormons back it up because it "represents" the lack of procreation. Whether Prop. 8 makes it or not, it will never change the institution of marriage and the level of procreation. All of these are personal and situational in nature.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnJack View Post
So... nobody is required to teach your children anything.
Forgive me if I dont trust your assurances.

Quote:
Aaaaand... there's the B-word. Thank you for acknowledging that this proposition is about injecting religious doctrine into our constitution. This is where our conversation ends, because I have long since learned that there is no reasoning with "faith."
Oh make no mistake, I have made no bones that I and millions of others would have no stake in this argument if an institution of FAITH were not being challenged.

The No-on-8 campaign has launched a dirty, low down Hillaryesque assault on religion seeking to villify, label and slur those who disagree with their views.

Now that slandering Obama is no longer an option, they've refocused their campaign of fear on a new enemy.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Exclusionary in the way they treat non-Mormons and those who don't buy into their program.
No, actually in my vast experience with Mormons here and abroad, when people become Mormons, its their friends and families who exclude them.

Sad but true.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:27 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,352,002 times
Children weren't enough? Now Hillary is involved in this?

Old 11-04-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post

Yes, cosmopolitan and global, because, hey, if they can get people to buy into the "have to reproduce" mentality, it means more Mormons and more $. .
hahaha

Yes, all those Millionaires in the developing world are totally fattening the treasuries of the Mormon Church.

It couldnt be that perhaps people believe in the message? No, impossible.

Im so glad all these Non-Mormons are so better informed on our intentions and goals then we are.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:31 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Nearly all of the fear mongering in this entire campaign has come from the No-on-8 side. It is they and only they who hurl such ugly words as bigot, intolerant and hate.

Please keep making excuses to justify and rationalize your intolerance of the views of others.
I can't believe you even said that let alone believe it. The No on 8 side may get somewhat reactionary but the Yes on 8 started this BS with their lies and fear mongering campaign. It works both ways here, quit pretending that this is all coming from one side.

What the hell happened to you? Before you were against 8 and now you're vehemently arguing for 8? What did your family and parents pull some guilt trip on you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California