Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 12:22 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
She's said every place she's lived outside of California sucks and hasn't ever found anything good to say about the other 49 states. All while putting California on a pedestal like its the freaking promised land or something. Its not much of a stretch to believe she thinks the other 49 states suck.
She never said anything about the other 49 states to begin with, just that she didn't like the places she's lived before. So why the hell would you make some absurd assumption that she is putting all other 49 states down? Just b/c someone prefers Ca that means they are putting it on a "pedestal"? YES it is a stretch to think all this BS from one simple sentence that doesn't even mention 1/2 the crap someone inferred it did.

Just b/c you hate CA doesn't mean everyone is going to share your malcontented view on it. You see what you want to see and infer b/c it makes it easier for you to hate on CA. Some of you aching to leave are some of the most miserable people and its pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 12:43 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,156,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri257 View Post
This is a classic misreading of what I said.

I didn't say the other 49 states sucked ... I said I've lived in a lot of other places that sucked.

But I firmly believe that cheaper places are cheap because they are less desirable. Which is pretty obvious since the demand to live there isn't as high.
So why not NYC or downtown Boston, which can be even more expensive? You'd think the more you paid, the better it was..

Old 11-20-2008, 01:49 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,922,788 times
Quote:
I didn't say the other 49 states sucked ... I said I've lived in a lot of other places that sucked.
I did read your comment as everywhere sucking outside of CA. I just figured you lived in a lot of other places, so you were simply saying everywhere else sucked. Sorry for the mistake. I still disagree with your statement. You can have your opinion and I can disagree. I also don't agree that an area will 'suck' if it's cheap. Does that mean less than a CA home? There are CA homes in outlying areas that are far less than CO homes in our area.
Quote:
To each their own, there are a lot of nice places all over the country and some people just prefer Ca to others just like many prefer those other places to CA.
Exactly! I have no problem with Sheri saying how much she loves the area she resides in. The central coast is pretty special. I have problems when people generalize that somewhere else 'sucks'. I think people from other states do that to CA more than any other, not realizing that CA is hugely different from one end to the other.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:56 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
We need to start a "49 State Bashing...Enough Already!" thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/calif...h-already.html

(What the heck, tomorrow is Friday and the S&P is at 1997 levels.)

Old 11-21-2008, 03:06 PM

303 posts, read 846,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
It's home.

it's where some us are from, where we grew up, where our families our from, where our childhood friends are from, etc... It's just HOME. To some of us that is a hell of a lot more important than a giant home in Texas or Arizona.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 11-21-2008, 03:07 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
read the threads on CDF on winter & see

Old 11-21-2008, 03:10 PM

196 posts, read 628,936 times
Because I love it here.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:14 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,466,656 times
Because my wife's family is all here & she'd be miserable moving away from them.

And I love her more then I hate it here.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:22 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,055,527 times
Jobs.

I realize that jobs are tight in CA right now. However, they are tighter where we came from, and paid less. A LOT less.

The paradisical environment doesn't hurt much either. Honestly, there's a lot to like here.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:11 AM

607 posts, read 2,368,880 times
Two words, extended family! If they weren't here, my family would have hit the pavement years ago. The "golden state" is looking more like fools gold every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: