Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 03:01 PM

215 posts, read 1,534,223 times

Advertisements

I may moving but the rents or still high i am considering a roommate........... who has a roommate? please tell your stories?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 03:05 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
You may want to peruse the renting forum, there are a lot of great roommate stories in there. Getting a Roommate can be hit or miss (most often a huge miss...). I myself have had many, many roommate and all but maybe 4 have been horrible. Just make sure they sign a rental agreement (you can find forms online) and abide by the rules you set and you'll be okay.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:53 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times
Had a truck driver as a house mate once, Did not see him for months at a time then he was there for months at a time. He was a mooch. Never bought any food but always eating, course at 6' 8" and 300 lb.

One day I brought home my takeout for dinner, he leans over asking whats for dinner? I showed him my burger and told him the sandwich in his hands was my lunch for tomorrow.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:56 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
If you own a home and casually rent rooms, accept cash only.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:45 AM

1,457 posts, read 6,031,492 times
Been a long time since I had one. Over 20 years. Not many good memories. Were better as friends than room mates.

One memory ...

ME: "Michael ... I left all your trash on the table that you left laying there"

MICHAEL: "Gee Mario - you wasted your time !!"

ME: "Why's that?"

MICHAEL: "Because it was just one step from the table to the trash can"

Pause ....

MICHAEL: "Duh ... man I put my foot in my mouth"

Then there was Dale who was also my foreman.

He gets this 10 foot couch and want to put it in his bedroom.

You know where a narrow hall goes down to a bedroom door - one on the left (his) and another on the right? With a small attic opening up above?

We get help from a third guy.

I'm in the attic and the slip that end up.

Dale is in his bedroom yanking on the couch, the third guy is in the other bedroom on his ass kicking with both legs to send the end the other way, and I'm in the attic actually jumping on the couch.

Finally, a small crack sound and the couch slips into the bedroom.

When we moved, Dale used a chainsaw and made to 1/2s to remove.

Dale was a classic.

He is worth one more story. Before the house, we had two apartments down the road. His unit on the 3rd floor over mine on the 2nd.

One day in a panic, he comes down yelling warning me that the cieling may collapse.

I look at my bedroom cieling and it's bowed down about 2" to 3" in the middle.

We run up to his place, and he is draining a water bed that he forgot he was filling. So full it was bulged about 18 inches too high in the middle like a shallow mound. A king size at that.

The cooked pizzas when someone fell asleep or passed out were entertaining.

You know where one room mate conks out after shoving a pizza in the oven and the other one crawls under the smoke layer once they arrive ??

There was a party one time.

Hard to forget one guy. With a birth defect of 3 fingers on each hand, you would think he'd take better care of his heath.

People called him "3 finger Steve".

He got so wasted one day, we walked into the living room and there is Steve taking a leak in the corner of the living room.

Not all were like this.

These were some of the memorable ones.

Last edited by mdvaden; 02-13-2009 at 12:57 AM..

Old 02-13-2009, 09:13 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
Been a long time since I had one. Over 20 years. Not many good memories. Were better as friends than room mates.

Not all were like this.

These were some of the memorable ones.

You're stories are hilarious I have a couple of my own...

Roommate 1 - Brought an American Alligator home and kept it in the garage, not thinking that anyone would notice. It was only about 2 feet long at the time, but really....there is no alligator stipulation on the lease.

Roommate 2 (and 3 sometimes) Decided to play beer pong on the roof of our two story house at 3 am on a weeknight. Didn't think anyone would notice.

Roommate 4 - Hoarded dishes in the attic because she didn't want to wash them.

Roommate 5 - Took a bobcat (ya know, those 'mini tractors') and ripped up our septic tank on accident because he 'didn't like the landscaping' in that area.

Roommate 6 - Tore up the entire back deck because he 'thought there would be enough room underneath to grow weed.'

I've got plenty more after that, too... having roommates blows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California