Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Gavin Newsom?
Yes 10 16.95%
No 49 83.05%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 01:55 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,000 times

Advertisements

If you created a Self-Servant career politician in a lab it would come out as this guy. What a piece of crap this guy is. Ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 06:57 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
No, look at what SF is / has become. That's not the direction I want to see for CA. Can't we get a centrist please?
Agreed. I would love to see more centrists in California... like right down the middle, open to both sides of the argument.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:23 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,164,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Absolutely NOT. He has no morales, ethinc or real values.
Did you say no morals, ethics or real values? You just described Donald J. Trump perfectly.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:29 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,164,155 times
In Newsom vs Cox, I'll definitely vote for Newsom. The last two Republican governors -- Schwarzenegger and Wilson -- were disasters and I don't want to see that again (although I do give Arnold credit for taking an early and bold stand against climate change).

I'll really miss Jerry Brown. He's been a very good governor. He's used common sense wisdom and fiscal restraint to stop the legislature from going too far into left field, hold spending in check, and build up rainy day reserves.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:50 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,426,948 times
Nearly a trillion in pension debt so much for any so called reserves.
Unbelievable wast of taxpayers money on the train to nowhere.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:01 AM

19,206 posts, read 16,689,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
In Newsom vs Cox, I'll definitely vote for Newsom. The last two Republican governors -- Schwarzenegger and Wilson -- were disasters and I don't want to see that again (although I do give Arnold credit for taking an early and bold stand against climate change).

I'll really miss Jerry Brown. He's been a very good governor. He's used common sense wisdom and fiscal restraint to stop the legislature from going too far into left field, hold spending in check, and build up rainy day reserves.
Schwarzenegger was an idiot. No idea what he was doing and only won because he was recognized by most people for his movies. The entire time he was in office, he pushed for people to conserve but drove Hummers. And that's only one of the stupid things he did.

Surprisingly, I agree with you about Brown. I think he learned a lot from his first go-around in office. I like that he continues to fight for the environment as I know what it feels you can't breathe because of bad air quality. The only thing I don't like is he hasn't been completely up front about the state's debt. Let me explain.

Recently, I had to do my annual vehicle registration. I drive a '97 Jeep. Still runs like a top. Anyway, there was a recall on the car. Actually, two. One I took care of a few years ago but another one popped up, unbeknownst to me, and I was never notified because the company (Mopar) cut off date for notifications stopped at 1998 so my '97 didn't show up as having a recall. Still, the NHTSA website showed it did. DMV was holding my registration up because of this recall. When I started researching why DMV was now cracking down, I found out that the federal government gives millions of dollars to a state for roads and freeway but they're starting to hold off sending that money because many states (not just California) don't enforce (or haven't been until now) the recalls. The feds have decided to stop paying that money to states until they start getting tough on the recalls.

So this year, (after 21 years), I had to get that recall taken care of before I could get my registration. I think the expense to repair and maintain roads in this state is more expensive than what's being declared. The state is looking for every bit of revenue it can find, which is why we continue to see the constant tax for this and fee for that. Now I don't know for sure that's the reason but it sure explains why I had the annoyance of this recall when the potential problem hasn't reared its head in all the years I've owned the car. If nothing happened in 21 years, it's a safe bet it's not going to.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:04 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times
I’ll never vote for Newsom.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:50 AM

665 posts, read 613,260 times
No.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:11 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post

Trillions in pension debt, worst schools, crumbling infrastructure, spiked cost of living, spiked homelessness, wasted money on useless train, rampant illegal immigration, disease outbreaks, tax hikes, the guy you miss exacerbated these issues.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:18 PM

130,170 posts, read 12,093,129 times
I do not like Newsom at all, but I am having reservations about Cox. The Trump endorsements may harm him, more than help him. But I do like he is against the gas tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California