Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 06:27 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times

Advertisements

Fighter1. You know what you're doing but if someone doesnt then the cops will rip that person apart. A senior lady on social security in my area recently had her late model toyota pick up impounded for expired tags & no insurance. The tags expired over a yr ago. Riverside county sheriffs office is strict & hard nosed. She couldnt afford all the fees & fines so she lost her truck. What a damn shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 06:46 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,577,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Fighter1. You know what you're doing but if someone doesnt then the cops will rip that person apart. A senior lady on social security in my area recently had her late model toyota pick up impounded for expired tags & no insurance. The tags expired over a yr ago. Riverside county sheriffs office is strict & hard nosed. She couldnt afford all the fees & fines so she lost her truck. What a damn shame.
Just what i am talking about . Now she can file small claims charge on the tow co. they had no contract with her ( contract with the cops ) know your rights and more importantly the cops and the tow co. are guilty if you take them to court of violating your rights and "GRAND THIEF AUTO" nail the Ba***rds.( the cops took her property and gave it to the TOW CO.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
Just what i am talking about . Now she can file small claims charge on the tow co. they had no contract with her ( contract with the cops ) know your rights and more importantly the cops and the tow co. are guilty if you take them to court of violating your rights and "GRAND THIEF AUTO" nail the Ba***rds.( the cops took her property and gave it to the TOW CO.
If i give you her name/phone number will you help her through this ?

Old 04-21-2010, 07:58 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,577,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
If i give you her name/phone number will you help her through this ?
Depends on how long ago this all happen.The tow co will , or should have sent her a copy of their notice to DMV for permission to lien sale the car , This she has to sign that she opposes the sale , That will force them to start a court action ( thats good) there she can state to the judge that they stole her car , they have no contract with her, the judge will instruct the tow co to release the car or pay the value of the car . Thats the Law!

Old 04-22-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
Depends on how long ago this all happen.The tow co will , or should have sent her a copy of their notice to DMV for permission to lien sale the car , This she has to sign that she opposes the sale , That will force them to start a court action ( thats good) there she can state to the judge that they stole her car , they have no contract with her, the judge will instruct the tow co to release the car or pay the value of the car . Thats the Law!
It seems ALOT of people (tow co & cops) are breaking the law. Tow companies can be quite dirty especially yucaipa tow co. Last yr a lady was in a accident & yucaipa tow charged her $180.00 to tow her car approx 2 miles. Thats outright thievery.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:48 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,019,707 times
Car bought last year.

Registration fee: over $300.

Doesn't really matter to me as my company gives me a monthly auto stipend that more than pays for it. But it's still BS.

Add to that jury duty with a **** POOR financial compensation, and yeah, welcome to California.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:50 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
the state is broke they are looking for ways to get money. we no longer have cops, just tax collectors dressed up in blue

Old 09-16-2010, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 861 times
They are legally extorting from the citizens. I used their "automated" / "online" system (NEVER AGAIN!!!!) They input one digit incorrectly; checked with my bank and no record of both the right and wrong (theirs) account number ever being accesed to my account/ Anyway, then they wait 35 days and send me a letter asking for money $106 plus $91 bucks penalties. I got their online notice saying they received everything O.K., and got the tags a week after that. If they had sent word it was bad immdeiately, I still had 3 days to correct; or up to two weeks later, a penalty of $30; or 4 weeks later, a penalty of $60; BUT NO!, they wait until they can rip me off to the tune of $91.
Skeate

Last edited by skeate; 09-16-2010 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: left off user I.D.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:47 AM

The dmv are thieves & i believe they try to screw us as much as possible. The state has not laid off one employee thanks to a corrupt public union & coward politicians that are owned by the all the public unions.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:55 PM

664 posts, read 1,946,341 times
Thank god for "military exemption", hopefully they won'y take that away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California