Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2009, 12:32 AM

242 posts, read 788,969 times

Advertisements

My niece was accepted into Fresno State university and instead of living in the dorms her and her friend want to rent an apartment in the area. Is the area near the school safe and is the rent reasonable? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 05:31 AM

226 posts, read 893,999 times
I work at an apartment complex on E. Fir avenue at Herndon and Cedar called Jackson Park place. I don't know about how much they are willing to pay but it is in a safer neighborhood. There are also many apartment complexes off of Herndon Avenue that are nice and are safer. There are a lot of FSU students that live in JPP the place where I work and I'm sure in the area also. Fresno State is just right down the road not very far. HOpe this helps.

OH BTW I have seen, parked near during the football games, and have worked at some the apartments near the university and a lot of them are straight ghetto. Off Herndon would be your best bet.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:14 AM

764 posts, read 2,037,395 times
I'd suggest they look into the 93720 zip code for places that are within a close driving distance to the school AND are safe and appealing. There are some complexes near campus that are okay, but many are undesirable.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:32 PM

1,687 posts, read 6,074,312 times
Generally the apartments directly west of the football stadium and Greek Row are not desirable. Roughly the area bounded by 1st Street, 6th Street, Barstow Ave, and San Jose Avenue.

Elsewhere, there are 3 newer (less than 5 years old) apartment complexes catering to students. That might allow them to meet other students in an atmosphere outside the classroom.

Some of these 3 complexes also have a shuttle bus to the campus which would help avoid the cost and headache of on-campus parking.

The 3 student apartment complexes that you might look at are:
Jefferson Commons Fresno
University Village at Fresno
Copper Beech Townhomes - Fresno, CA (http://www.cbeech.com/fresno.htm - broken link)

There is also a new student complex on the east side of the campus currently under construction, it should finish in time for the Fall 2010 semester.

That complex is part of Campus Pointe, which when completed in the next 2 years will include shops and restaurants catering to students along with a movie theater and a hotel.
::: Welcome to Campus Pointe :::

Old 06-07-2009, 10:04 PM

242 posts, read 788,969 times
thanks so much for the replies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California