Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 07:36 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,019,677 times

Advertisements

What will happen if they ever go for plug-in electric cars?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 07:48 PM

364 posts, read 611,380 times
Electricity demand will go through the roof. And these cars are not as "environmentally responsible" as the koolaide crowd would have us believe. The environmental impact to manufacture a hybrid for example (including the energy consumed) is more than an SUV. And the SUV is something you can actually use. No matter how much those who want to move us back to the 18th century try to obstruct we are going to have to build nukes at some point. Or live like cavemen.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:49 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,522,986 times
The modern American Conservative left the reality based universe years ago.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:51 PM

434 posts, read 849,459 times
We've been out to lunch during the Bush years (no friend of mine). But the missiah has awoken us. We'll be out in force come next election. I can't wait!

Old 11-19-2009, 07:59 PM

What part of my Pelosi statement is false? Every word is true just as it happened.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:03 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,992,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine7793 View Post
Electricity demand will go through the roof. And these cars are not as "environmentally responsible" as the koolaide crowd would have us believe. The environmental impact to manufacture a hybrid for example (including the energy consumed) is more than an SUV. And the SUV is something you can actually use. No matter how much those who want to move us back to the 18th century try to obstruct we are going to have to build nukes at some point. Or live like cavemen.

There is no problem with nuclear power plants if they are run by professionals who understand nuclear engineering like the US Navy or Electricite de France. US Power companies are run by the same people who run the Citibanks and Bank of Americas . These people get rid of the nuclear engineers because they don't understand finance and get in the way! Engineers put safety and reliable operation over profits. America can't have that now.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:06 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,522,986 times
Quote:
What part of my Pelosi statement is false? Every word is true just as it happened.
No, only in the world of hannity and oreilly and limburger.

I too support nukular, my only problem with nukular is that the put the plants out in beautiful places, like Diablo Canyon. Put them in Long Beach. Make me happy.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:58 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,393,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine7793 View Post
Very small minority to believe in choice? Don't think so. Next national election should prove me right. I thought the lefties believed in choice. Oh that's right, it doesn't include school choice or the choice to make economic decisions.
You are setting yourself up for more disappointment if you think California will ever agree with your viewpoint & why the Republican party is forever weak & impotent in the state.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:23 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,225,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
What a silly reaction. You misunderstand freedom with responsibility and include outright misinformation. Why are you so uptight?
The left just does not get it,do you?The real issue is really not about tv sets but about the ever increasing intrusion of government into our lives.Build power plants,drill for offshore oil,stop the global warming nonsense,dump the ethanol absurdity,and we wont have to worry about how big our boob tubes are or how much juice they consume.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:38 PM

I'm not silly enough to think California will turn red. California is a lost cause. I'm more worried about Obama spreading California's desease nationwide. Good chance it can be stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California