Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 11:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,801 times

Advertisements

i have buy a house there recently i like this place since long time ago when i was came here with my father

<a href="http://www.bostoncorpcoach.com/">boston coach limo</a>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 11:08 AM

240 posts, read 385,630 times
I have been looking at homes in Clearlake with the MLS web site and could see that some of the homes were not in very good shape but the place seems to be great if you want be away from the urban sprawl like it is here in S. Fla. now. I live in a HOA goverened community and I hate it because the only people that have the time or the inclination to serve on the board are what we call condo commandos, they just moved to the subburbs: who want to dictate every facet of your life. I'm sorry I ever bought a house here! I'm defianatly willing to put up with a little anarchy if they leave me alone and don't try to inpose their life style on me (civil disorder/harassement) Here in S. Fla the wages are low for unskilled jobs that have to be done by someone(garbage/landscape/elderly care)so I can understrand that a person may be receiving WELFARE but if their doing honest work and taking care of thier families then I have empathy for them, not resentment. Isn't that what conservate compassion is suposed to be? I'll be out there in August with the goal of closing a deal on a second home there so that in about a decade more or less I can make my escape from these condo commandos and their manicured flower beds! Like Braveheart said FREEDOM!!!!

Last edited by Profiler; 06-29-2010 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 09-27-2010, 03:38 PM

2 posts, read 8,799 times
Hey there fellow HVL resident! hope that things are going well for you and that you are enjoying the peace and quietness, stars and warm lazy summer days!
Cheers!!!

Old 09-28-2010, 02:47 AM

3 posts, read 5,234 times
I live in Buckingham and I've always wondered how it would look from up there

Old 07-15-2011, 10:05 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,402,599 times
Just checked in here. On the stats part of City Data looks like the data are a bit stale - 2009 or so. I'm reckoning prices are still pretty good. But unemployment was ~ 20% on the stats page (!). Still, long term, I can imagine an ongoing stream of retirees and urban refugees in general.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,184 times
I read with appreciation the description of Lake County. I had been exploring the area after a job opportunity in Clear Lake came up. I currently reside in Santa Monica so it would have been a major move. Housing was the biggest obstacle. Buying a home was not an option, especially right out of the gate. The deciding factor for me was an inability to find rental property that would allow me to bring my dog. Mind you, I am a professional with very good credit.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,805 times
yes it does. Take more prozac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneshomeingotham View Post
Good to know that almost no one who posts here has the foggiest clue what they are talking about. "Lass" especially. If that is the way you feel about the residents and place, no one is stopping you from departing. Even for your very wise two years. I was born in Kelseyville, I grew up surrounded by farmers and ranchers. I lived amongst people who cared for each other and when needed they cared for their land and animals. I have spent my whole life going to dinners and BBQ's with people who wanted to see their friends and neighbors happy and were concerned about the direction of Lake County and it's citizens. As far as the lake itself, the cause of the problems in the summers are a combination of low rainfall in the winter and an algae called hydrilla. The algae multiplies to cover the surface of the lake killing things under it that need light. The scary talk of mercury and child bearing age is true for every body of water in the world. The mercury is harbored in fish that are bottom feeders or directly eat bottom feeding fish. Doctors recommend pregnant women limit their consumption of tuna fish due to mercury levels also and last time I looked, tuna comes from the ocean. On the other hand, there are depressed areas and there are beautiful areas. I was "bred" here, like generations before me and am a college educated woman who is active in local groups. I am surrounded by people who were "bred" here who also come from long lines of people who continue to "breed" here, who are also college educated. Next time you go to the hospital ask the doctors and nurses who tend to your children if they are the "in the water" generation after generation breed the depressing lifestyle. Two pretty obviously miserable and depressed years do not give you a right to voice a generalized and bigoted opinion without at least stating that it comes with great prejudice and a limited knowledge of what it is you are speaking of. Please if you want to know how wonderful this place can be, seek out people who love it.

Old 08-03-2014, 02:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,312 times
Default Really?

It didn't always used to be like that. Spent time there as a child. I remember swimming in the lake and it was nice. Although Lake Mendocino is a lot cleaner. Lived in Clearlake as an adult for a few years in the 90's and was a volunteer fireman there. Did get to see a bunch of the druggies and losers moving up from the bay area. Sad to hear it's gotten worse.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:26 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
There's something sad about the area. It just feels depressed. I looked at buying around the lake, and decided to continue renting instead, rather than buy up there. At the time I was renting in Woodland, CA.

The area is not well planned. So, when you drive around Clearlake, for example, there are a lot of lots from previous developments that never happened. So there are some dirt roads here and there amidst some paved ones. There's also a serious flooding problem for a lot of the affordable lots.

The area just kind of gave me the creeps. Perhaps one day, when/if Santa Rosa really grows outward, Lake County will be developed for Santa Rosa commuters. But, until that day, it's just depressing up there. IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California