Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2018, 12:32 PM

1,022 posts, read 738,159 times

Advertisements

So most are aware of Quartzsite as the RV gathering spot for winter time.

Is there a Summer time rendezvous location for RV gatherings ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 07:27 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,694 posts, read 58,004,579 times
AK, ME, NH, North Atlantic and Pacific coasts, Rocky Mtns, and Canada is a summer favorite for RV'rs

Many congregate on the Kenai Peninsula. (bring a chest freezer)

Vancouver Island is quite popular with summer RV get-togethers (GTG)

Old 01-30-2018, 12:32 AM

8,489 posts, read 8,774,574 times
Summer does have lots of gathering points but not the immediate size of Quartzite or Arizona in general.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:19 PM

Burning Man and Rainbow Gatherings are options if you are into big meet-ups during the summer...

Or 'caravaning' in Europe during August.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Burning Man and Rainbow Gatherings are options if you are into big meet-ups during the summer...

Or 'caravaning' in Europe during August.
Not my thing.

Just seems people in the southwest across to Florida complain about the heat and humidity as much as the people in the northern states complain about cold and snow, thought that there would be a Quartzite type gathering in the north along the Canadian border or ?

Old 02-01-2018, 10:08 PM

44,621 posts, read 61,584,987 times
Quartzite in the blistering summer 120 degree weather is nearly like a ghost town.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
Not my thing.

Just seems people in the southwest across to Florida complain about the heat and humidity as much as the people in the northern states complain about cold and snow, thought that there would be a Quartzite type gathering in the north along the Canadian border or ?
Northern states don't have a lot of people 'hanging-around' / lounging like Quartzite / CA / AZ types...

May not be your thing either... but
Many of my RV friends volunteer at "Gleaners" during harvest / summer. (in various Provinces)
News Post | Fraser Valley Gleaners Society
How do you get over 40,000 pounds of food to remote First Nations communities? - Thunder Bay - CBC News
Leamington volunteers slice and dice 250K servings of food for remote First Nation communities - Windsor - CBC News
https://ststephensummerland.files.wo...al-version.pdf

Many others do the 'Camp Host' thing

Old 02-02-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Northern states don't have a lot of people 'hanging-around' / lounging like Quartzite / CA / AZ types...

May not be your thing either... but
Many of my RV friends volunteer at "Gleaners" during harvest / summer. (in various Provinces)
News Post | Fraser Valley Gleaners Society
How do you get over 40,000 pounds of food to remote First Nations communities? - Thunder Bay - CBC News
Leamington volunteers slice and dice 250K servings of food for remote First Nation communities - Windsor - CBC News
https://ststephensummerland.files.wo...al-version.pdf

Many others do the 'Camp Host' thing
Stealth, your links are encouraging. Quite possibly is my thing. As you know, we get blasted these days with so much negative news that sometimes makes me think 'the good days are gone'. (and a lot of others also). I go through the cycles of shutting off the news, deleting facebook and staying off the internet. After only a week of disconnecting I look around the world starts looking good again. Thank you.

Of course then think I'm just hiding my head in the sand and check in on the world as to not lose touch, and well .....the cycle continues.

I do want to say "Thanks again for the links".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing