Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 02:15 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,744 posts, read 58,102,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDawg View Post
..., burning 300 gals day became costly to move it cross country. I sold it for more than what I paid for it. Can't say that about any other vehicle I ever owned. I drove every highway in the country and a great many backcountry areas. After selling out the properties in WY, MT and CO, I moved to GA and now down to the coast, where I now live aboard a nice sailboat and burn 60 gals/month. It's amazing what you can see from the deck, at a slow speed, enjoying the view, the bird life and at a slower pace. It's not for everyone, but there are plenty of older drivers here in my marina that now have a second chance.
Good 'alternative' plan!!

There are a LOT of European 'Motor-sailers' overwintering on west coast of Canada ( Vancouver Island) when we lived at Telegraph Harbour. (a real nice gig). The euro folks headed north BC / Alaska for summers. (Longer summer days!)

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tele...w=1274&bih=702

https://www.sailmagazine.com/cruisin...f-motorsailing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 03:50 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,404,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Good 'alternative' plan!!

There are a LOT of European 'Motor-sailers' overwintering on west coast of Canada ( Vancouver Island) when we lived at Telegraph Harbour. (a real nice gig). The euro folks headed north BC / Alaska for summers.
I delivered a 50ft Diesel Duck from Greece, via the Azores, to an owner in Annapolis two years ago. Took a month. Had the sail up about half the time. Ran the JD engine about six hrs day and still had fuel left over when we arrived.

Yep, bought a nice m/s up in Nanaimo about 15 yrs ago. Sailed the Inside Passage to Skagway, then down to Glacier Bay and down to Hawaii. Sold it there.

Last edited by OneDawg; 10-08-2018 at 04:08 PM..

Old 09-16-2019, 05:39 AM

244 posts, read 235,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptbrwn View Post
I own a 2018 Winnebago Navion Class C and love it! It’s 25.8’ long on a Mercedes Benz Sprinter chassis. It’s easy to drive, gets great mileage, and is a very comfortable space to live in. I had to cut my last trip very short because my dog became very ill and still put 9,400 miles on it since mid March 2018. I don’t tow and can pretty much go all over. If you have a small Class C and make a mistake in your directions you can always easily make a U turn and turn around which you can’t do in an A. Also, a Class C has airbags whereas a Class A does not.
We are looking for a 2014-ish diesel Navion. Any tips on defects, problems, etc. to look for? Are you still happy with your Navion? TIA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing