Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 12:42 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,744 posts, read 58,090,525 times

Advertisements

No need for Firearm (not a good idea to discharge a firearm in a USA NP).

there are not safety concerns in Acadia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2019, 05:14 PM

7,782 posts, read 6,394,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc99 View Post
Thanks all for the great tips!

Do we need to own a firearm ? Hope the national Parks are safe place to camp in an RV.
We never took a firearm on any trip. Both Canada and Mexico are extremely adverse to tourists having firearms.

We have camped in NPs from Maine to Florida to California to Washington state. They are our first choice. State parks vary, but are usually quite good. We have found Canadian NPs to be very good.
We have stayed in some very nice commercial parks in Mexico.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:41 PM

1,564 posts, read 2,797,909 times
I don’t believe that Canada is adverse to tourists having shotguns, lever action rifles, or bolt action rifles. There may be a charge though for permits. Handguns are a no-go anywhere in Canada as far as I know.

Old 05-14-2019, 10:44 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,593,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalabama View Post
I don’t believe that Canada is adverse to tourists having shotguns, lever action rifles, or bolt action rifles. There may be a charge though for permits. Handguns are a no-go anywhere in Canada as far as I know.
I know you have to be careful about shotguns. Hunting shotguns with a magazine capacity of five rounds or less can be brought into Canada after completing the proper paperwork. I have tactical shotguns with magazines that hold more than five rounds. For a regular tourist, they would not be allowed into Canada under any circumstance.

Old 05-15-2019, 06:53 PM

1,564 posts, read 2,797,909 times
I have read quite a bit since my last posting. Handguns with barrels 4.2 inches or longer and some semi-automatic rifles are also allowed. The sticker is that you must have a reason for transporting a firearm, and personal defense is not one that qualifies. I highly recommend you read extensively on the topic before deciding you want to transport a firearm in Canada.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:12 AM

5,347 posts, read 3,219,684 times
We were tent camping at Falls Lake and got to talking to the people in the campgrond next to us. We complimented their setup and they said they rented it from outdorsy.com (https://www.outdoorsy.com/rv-rental/...rolina/raleigh). It's like AirBNB but for RV rentals.

I can't vouch for the experience, I'm just passing along the information. Might be an option if you wanted to try the setup for a weekend locally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing