Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 12:14 AM

415 posts, read 560,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Jack was a charismatic man and a passionate fighter for the things he believed in, highly respected even by those on the opposite end of the political spectrum. His loss is Canada's loss.

Rest in peace Jack.

As one who voted Conservative in the past election, I can certainly identify with all of your quote, particulary the part that I bolded. I was saddened by the news of his death, despite my political leanings. (Actually, in the federal elections of 1979 and 1980, I voted NDP).

I first met Jack while he was campaigning in Kingston the day before the election. I mentioned to him that I had already voted Conservative (as a military member, we always vote two weeks before the election day to allow our ballots to get to our home ridings), and explained my reasons for doing so. We quickly agreed to disagree on our political views.

It turns out that Jack was a fraternity brother of mine in Sigma Chi; in fact, we were both from the same chapter at McGill. He graduated just over a year before I decided to join in 1972, so we never did cross paths. However, we knew a lot of brothers in common, and the remainder of our conversation focused on our common memories of Sigma Chi.

I was impressed by the fact that even in his college days, his emphasis was on helping the disadvantaged, a trait that continued until his death.

My Brother, R.I.P.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada