Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 08:47 AM

1,111 posts, read 2,799,667 times

Advertisements

p1nk_panth3r:

Keep in mind that for any serious job you might be offered you will be asked for appropriate work credentials (unless you are already a US citizen, I'm not too clear on that). Don't take any shortcuts or you'll be very disappointed in what work you will be able to get on the US side of the boarder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 03:20 PM

6 posts, read 40,551 times
How about a little honesty....?

Lord, kid. Learn to spell and form a complete sentence. Unless your folks are wealthy and willing to cover you for life, you have to actually be marketable in order to be accepted to a reputable foreign school. And you can't work in the US without a work visa, which is not an easy thing to get. If your post reflects anything about your education, you have a ways to go before you're anything close to that marketable.

If you want to get away, head for Calgary. It's not as warm as BC, but it's got fairly mild winters compared to other Canadian cities. And you can't swing a dead cat without knocking over 23 "help wanted" signs. Hell, Harvey's Hamburgers is paying bonuses of $500 to employees who manage to talk a friend into coming to flip burgers (with full benefits) for 6 months. It's crazy here.

But from your post, you're just not ready for prime time...YET.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:16 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1nk_panth3r View Post
im currently liveing in Canada..Ontario..
and just about every day i think about how much more exciting and more fufilling my life could be if i was living somewhere else.
i think about living in Hollywood (i went there one time, i was actually on the Dr. Phill show) and i loved it there...i think about how many job oppertunities there are out there, and i surely wouldnt mind leaving everything behind to live out there
the ONLY thing thats stopping me is i have no idea how expenisve it would be, im 21 and still living with my parents...but if i am to move out of there house, i want it to be a big move...somewhere far away and warm.
i would love to go to college in hollywood for a cosmitition or esthetics...
if anyone knows any good colleges out there plz let me know!!
the reason i would want to go to college out there for that is because i think there is a bigger chance at getting a job for that feild out there than down here...sorry to sound confusing~
lolz
Come to Arizona! We've got plenty of sun, it's less expensive than Cali, and a lot of (undocumented) Mexicans are moving starting tomorrow, so there have to be some job openings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada