Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2015, 03:29 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,890,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I know i'm sure you guys aren't really obsessed about America.
If you look at the US forums there are a lot more U.S posters in C/D so these little outsider terrorists if you will wouldn't be as impactful there. The Canada forums really has only a small group of dedicated regulars most if not all of whom are decent posters but yeah a smaller group is going to be more vulnerable. You're right though - we could ignore them its just so hard to do that so here we are keep spinning the wheels... Obsessed with the U.S.. Nah.. I talk about the U.S more in here than anywhere else in my life because we keep getting that pie thrown in our faces.

The thread about what Makes you proud of Toronto wasn't even talking about the U.S at all until Steeps from Chicago came in and accused us of boosterism and throwing in our face what's so great about Chicago even though none of us had mentioned the U.S/Chicago until he starts throwing pies.

Anyway, with such a small knit little community in here, sometimes things become more about personalities than it does about nations.

Last edited by fusion2; 06-24-2015 at 03:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmann View Post
I do not see why you feel like you have to insult someone in every posting. I will back out because it looks like this Canada forum is mostly English speaking Canadians putting down French speakers if not Americans or other groups in passive aggressive manner. There was even another thread with aboriginal Canadians being told to get over their genocide. It is odd that some people must feel so insecure that they must put down groups of people. I do speak French entirely fluently and have been in Quebec 5 or 6 times, though it is never that I have heard them denigrating English speakers or obsessing on Americans.
In other words, you can't address Brusan's points so you just keep rehashing the same old stereotypical and baseless talking points

Old 06-24-2015, 07:19 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmann View Post
I do not see why you feel like you have to insult someone in every posting. I will back out because it looks like this Canada forum is mostly English speaking Canadians putting down French speakers if not Americans or other groups in passive aggressive manner. There was even another thread with aboriginal Canadians being told to get over their genocide. It is odd that some people must feel so insecure that they must put down groups of people. I do speak French entirely fluently and have been in Quebec 5 or 6 times, though it is never that I have heard them denigrating English speakers or obsessing on Americans.
Why can't you guys all agree not to exaggerate in a feeble attempt to make a point by implying guilt?

Firstly I do not insult in every post. Secondly I asked you your age, a perfectly relevant question given you stated you were neutral while taking a side; you can't be both. Adults know this.

What it looks like to you might seem oxymoronic given this is yet another thread about Quebec separation. Do you suppose it's the solely the English speaking segment on here starting all these stupid threads?

I see you are another subscribing to the faux concept that people are argumentative due to feelings of insecurity. Brother, if you are going to offer up an opinion about Quebec after only being there 5 or 6 times, well I guess your relevance just took a nose dive, wouldn't you agree.

I have spent way more time there than you have years behind you and have been subjected to all sorts of denigration by separatiste Quebecers. I'm not alone in that experience and hope that you take note I specified "separatists". I would have suggested you sit at an outside café on St. Denis during St. Jean Baptiste day parades during any one of the run-ups to a referendum and listened more carefully. Perhaps even be overheard speaking English to experience the full force of Quebcois love for the Anglais. You don't have any idea of what you're talking about youngster.

Now onto putting down groups of people; who has done that exactly? Is it your position that someone expressing a contrary-minded opinion from yours is putting a third party or group down?

I believe I pointed out to you that it wasn't Canadian Anglais who introduced a comparison to the U.S into this thread but rather one of your supposed victims, not just once, but multiple times. Then accusing the Anglais of being the 'American obsessive' ones and even attempting to stifle rebuttal by suggesting it would be forthcoming as a vehement response. Have you not bothered to read this thread at all?

If you have read the thread and choose to ignore that conundrum and offer yet another faux attempt to reinforce your silly assertion all Canadian Anglos are American whannabes and further; the bashing only goes one way, what relevance do you think you should be assigned?

In short; you're using a whitewash brush to paint a thimble yourself.

Canada has been in existence for quite a while now and for all of that time, certainly my entire lifetime of close to 70 years we've had this boil that needs lancing.

Old 06-24-2015, 07:44 PM

183 posts, read 218,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Why can't you guys all agree not to exaggerate in a feeble attempt to make a point by implying guilt?

Firstly I do not insult in every post. Secondly I asked you your age, a perfectly relevant question given you stated you were neutral while taking a side; you can't be both. Adults know this.

What it looks like to you might seem oxymoronic given this is yet another thread about Quebec separation. Do you suppose it's the solely the English speaking segment on here starting all these stupid threads?

I see you are another subscribing to the faux concept that people are argumentative due to feelings of insecurity. Brother, if you are going to offer up an opinion about Quebec after only being there 5 or 6 times, well I guess your relevance just took a nose dive, wouldn't you agree.

I have spent way more time there than you have years behind you and have been subjected to all sorts of denigration by separatiste Quebecers. I'm not alone in that experience and hope that you take note I specified "separatists". I would have suggested you sit at an outside café on St. Denis during St. Jean Baptiste day parades during any one of the run-ups to a referendum and listened more carefully. Perhaps even be overheard speaking English to experience the full force of Quebcois love for the Anglais. You don't have any idea of what you're talking about youngster.

Now onto putting down groups of people; who has done that exactly? Is it your position that someone expressing a contrary-minded opinion from yours is putting a third party or group down?

I believe I pointed out to you that it wasn't Canadian Anglais who introduced a comparison to the U.S into this thread but rather one of your supposed victims, not just once, but multiple times. Then accusing the Anglais of being the 'American obsessive' ones and even attempting to stifle rebuttal by suggesting it would be forthcoming as a vehement response. Have you not bothered to read this thread at all?

If you have read the thread and choose to ignore that conundrum and offer yet another faux attempt to reinforce your silly assertion all Canadian Anglos are American whannabes and further; the bashing only goes one way, what relevance do you think you should be assigned?

In short; you're using a whitewash brush to paint a thimble yourself.

Canada has been in existence for quite a while now and for all of that time, certainly my entire lifetime of close to 70 years we've had this boil that needs lancing.
I do have a hard time understanding what you write. What is a boil that needs lancing?

Old 06-24-2015, 08:00 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViveLeQuebecLibre View Post
I do have a hard time understanding what you write. What is a boil that needs lancing?
Haaar! My attempt to describe something that is going to keep festering until some kind of extreme intervention takes place to release the infection.

Canada is guilty of business as usual as far as Quebec is concerned.

Everyone seemed to throw up their hands in surrender and run for cover after Meech.

What did all these elected representatives think was going to happen during their tenure; the issue would simply be forgotten? It's enough to make one cry. Why have a parliamentary democracy that rests it's ethical underpinnings on discussion and compromise if the single biggest issue facing a country is ignored completely in any meaningful way?

I swear these boobs all think if they simply don't take off the bandage, they can ignore the pain and their butt turning black.

If Peladeau is good for one thing and only one thing ....he's poking with the stick that cannot be ignored.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:42 PM

156 posts, read 200,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Haaar! My attempt to describe something that is going to keep festering until some kind of extreme intervention takes place to release the infection.

Canada is guilty of business as usual as far as Quebec is concerned.

Everyone seemed to throw up their hands in surrender and run for cover after Meech.

What did all these elected representatives think was going to happen during their tenure; the issue would simply be forgotten? It's enough to make one cry. Why have a parliamentary democracy that rests it's ethical underpinnings on discussion and compromise if the single biggest issue facing a country is ignored completely in any meaningful way?

I swear these boobs all think if they simply don't take off the bandage, they can ignore the pain and their butt turning black.

If Peladeau is good for one thing and only one thing ....he's poking with the stick that cannot be ignored.
Don't fall for the bait. I live around plenty of these people and their ultimate goal is the destruction of Canada. Make no mistake about it. Some use nice words but that is the endgame. Canada has gone above and beyond. We don't owe them anything else.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Not the best example then but it's definitely common.
It is common that a troll comes in and hijacks an otherwise Canadian or Canadian city discussion and makes it a Canada/U.S Canada city vs U.S city vs.. Yes very common!

Old 06-25-2015, 08:46 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,053,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
It is common that a troll comes in and hijacks an otherwise Canadian discussion and makes it a Canada/U.S vs.. Yes very common!
I'm not going to have to post the Molson Canadian ad or Rick Mercer's Talking to Americans again, am I?

Old 06-25-2015, 08:48 AM

565 posts, read 672,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue1987 View Post
Don't fall for the bait. I live around plenty of these people and their ultimate goal is the destruction of Canada. Make no mistake about it. Some use nice words but that is the endgame. Canada has gone above and beyond. We don't owe them anything else.

Not wanting to be part of it isn't exactly the same thing as wishing for "the destruction of Canada"... Geez.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I'm not going to have to post the Molson Canadian ad or Rick Mercer's Talking to Americans again, am I?
Oh two silly examples.. How old are they anyway lol... If it was constant new material you'd be on to something but Rick Mercer's talking to Americans - you know that is old when you look at how people dress and how their hair is styled in those vids - totally straddling the 90's there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada