Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 08:59 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Pure poppycock....why not just say you DON'T KNOW...is that so hard?
Do you even comprehend the question at all???
Is it easier to write insults about someone you know nothing about than to answer a question?...obviously so.
"you will need to disclose to us"......who is the "us" you speak of....or is that question too hard for your sensibilities to comprehend as well.
You're a contrary individual aren't you?

The poster gave you any number of reasons why any agreement would need signing. You chose to completely disregard all of them to then come back and ask once again a bit more forcefully "WHAT is the reason".

Would you have indicated satisfaction if a whole set of other reasons had been offered and exactly what is it you're trying to establish that is outside the realm of the average persons ability to comprehend without dwelling on the details?

If there is any kind of public financial relief assistance offered on an assessment basis, it would be common to be conditional on a non-disclosure agreement. Someone with four kids might be offered an initial amount of cash relief assistance and someone with one might be offered less. Having them sign a non-disclosure would, in my mind, be fairly standard practice to avoid needless acrimony among returnees.

I have deliberately used the word "might" in all of this because I don't know and have not seen any other reference specifically to a "non-disclosure agreement" being required anywhere else but your post.

Having once again addressed this, now we move on to this last question:

You do realize that the wording you have described is anything but the wording for a non-disclosure agreement, it is instead a letter of required disclosure. Now that one should be even easier to understand as they are requiring people to disclose any and all issues they are aware of upon the date of returning to their home. You can readily see why they might require this in the event someone who has little or no damage suddenly filing a claim for all new kitchen appliances, a hot tub, a regulation pool table or two-bay garage out back or worse, accusing firefighters of breaking into their home and looting the place of four widescreens and a pop-corn machine making the city liable to any degree.

This too will have the qualifier of "might" added as without reading the exact document (you keep feeding us little snippets of) and changing the tenor of as you go; which Mandrake the Magician is it you expect to give you a precise answer to a question without knowing anything other than your little tid-bits offered up like reluctantly divulged gossip secrets from someone else's personal diary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 06:55 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You did not bother to consider the descriptors used by the poster to describe the negative quadrant at all did you?

Surely you have the capacity to see the difference between a town allowed full of transient tourists all snapping away with their I-phones getting underfoot and creating a nightmare of traffic and impeding the movements of material and machinery needed to rebuild ASAP ......and .....those genuinely interested in sending dollars NOT shiving-a-git about any non-disclosure agreement........er, don't you?
"transient tourists all snapping away"...that's a laugh...what tourist would travel all the way to fort mcmurray for that...none, I'm thinking.
Are you saying that only the people who don't shiv a git are the ones giving financial support?
We've 'sent dollars"...does that mean we should also shut up, and ask no questions?
Bury our heads in the sand and be good little (if you say so) citizens.

What do you call people who DO "send dollars"(because they are genuinely interested in helping) but are still curious to know the reasons for signing a non disclosure???
Any choice words for them???

Old 06-02-2016, 07:07 AM

Quote:
You're a contrary individual aren't you?
Seems ANYONE who asks questions is considered contrary...and that's a nice way you put it.
Most people become very hostile and insulting towards inquiring minds....it's like you're only allowed to ask questions with obvious answers.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:12 AM

Quote:
You did not bother to consider the descriptors used by the poster to describe the negative quadrant at all did you?
Do you mean the guesses and insults from "the poster"?
I read them, and considered them to be b#ll$h!t.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:11 AM

I guess we'll never know...doesn't really matter I suppose...it's good to hear that the fort mcmurray residents are now returning home. I wish them the best.
Fort McMurray comes back to life, as residents return after month in exile | Metro News

Old 06-02-2016, 03:43 PM

Quote:
"transient tourists all snapping away"...that's a laugh...what tourist would travel all the way to fort mcmurray for that...none, I'm thinking.
Are you saying that only the people who don't shiv a git are the ones giving financial support?
We've 'sent dollars"...does that mean we should also shut up, and ask no questions?
Bury our heads in the sand and be good little (if you say so) citizens.

What do you call people who DO "send dollars"(because they are genuinely interested in helping) but are still curious to know the reasons for signing a non disclosure???
Any choice words for them???
You'd be amazed at what lengths people will go to be lookyloos. Not all of them with benign intent either.

No; I've said the ones giving financial support probably dont' shive-a-git if a document is required to be signed. Nice twist put on on my words there which gives us yet another clue as to your motivation with this silly thread.

You are the poster who linked donating affording the donor the "right to know" whereas I believe those who donate could care less if the inhabitants are required to sign a document or any other requirement placed upon them before returning to their homes for that matter.

Final analysis; in respect to the bolded above; there are issues that warrant concern and investigation, this is not one of them! No, citizens who do not obsess over stupid, irrelevant questions are akin to burying their heads in the sand. That's on you kiddo. No one else has described anyone being a good little citizen by not caring if the locals have to sign a document.

If the locals are concerned about the nature of the document, they'll let us all know soon enough, and you can then fab up your protest sign and march the streets, wouldn't you agree on that being the logical chronological order of events?

Until then all you've done is stir up erroneous conjecture and acrimony to no useful purpose whatsoever.

Carry on.

Old 06-03-2016, 05:30 AM

This "silly thread"...with it's "stupid" and "irrelevant question" sure got YOUR hackles up....so much so that you've taken to insults and hostility to mask your ignorance and inability to answer a simple question....
But that's on you kiddo.;...carry on.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:11 AM

Quote:
I guess we'll never know...doesn't really matter I suppose...it's good to hear that the fort mcmurray residents are now returning home. I wish them the best.
Fort McMurray comes back to life, as residents return after month in exile | Metro News
Most intelligent thing you've posted yet in this thread. Took the long way around to get to it, but finally a ray of logic shines out of the morass of useless conjecture.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:19 PM

I put that in there JUST for you...knew you'd get off on it.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
I put that in there JUST for you...knew you'd get off on it.
Worked like a charm........thanx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada