Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2016, 09:31 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
I have heard cable and cell phone bills in Canada are some of the most expensive in the world and don't offer that much for what you pay.
Cell phone bills start at $65 if you want a plan that works. Don't download images or anything, and turn off Facebook videos, because limited data plans will be rolled up to a higher fee without notice. $85 per month cell phone bills are normal and don't even think about leaving the country. A one hour phone call to a toll free airline company could cost your nearly $400US.

Last edited by Lieneke; 12-28-2016 at 09:46 PM..

Old 12-28-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Water. They would want our water. Current regulations do no allow tankers filled with water or pipelines.
Isn't Nestle draining Ontario ... with plans to drain BC?

Old 12-28-2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
...if water is the next oil, British Columbia is the next Saudi Arabia indeed....

However, cost of water desalination is going down dramatically.
So people will be able to drink ocean water in the future?

Old 12-28-2016, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I pay $40.00 per month for unlimited texting, unlimited long distance within Canada, and 1GB of data. I don't use much data since free wi-fi is everywhere I'm usually at. This is discounted I admit, since I used to work for the company. I believe the non-discounted rate is about $70.00

Cable? Millions of gotten rid of cable in both Canada and the US and watch their shows via different services and also having a VPN helps in watching content worldwide.

When I did have cable over 4 years ago, I was paying $80.00, but can't remember how many stations since I never watched them much.

Here are two offerings in my area. First one is cable in the old fashioned sense. Second is over fibre, or DSL lines. I have no idea how they compare to what you pay, that is, if you still have cable.

https://www.shaw.ca/television/plans/

TELUS Optik TV™ - Channels, packages and plans | TELUS.com
TV with cable stations starts at $85, include movie channels and $135.

Old 12-29-2016, 04:22 AM

295 posts, read 263,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
So people will be able to drink ocean water in the future?
Already do. In Israel more than 50% of the water for drinking, agriculture, industry is artificially produced.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:23 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times
I pay $33 somethng a month through Virgin for my cell phone, which includes tax but I don't use much data.

We have a more expensive satellite TV plan because of my husband who has health issues but I think my parents have a basic plan for around $40. I think there is an even more basic service for $25.

Old 12-29-2016, 11:32 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Isn't Nestle draining Ontario ... with plans to drain BC?
Only in bottles. They can't build pipelines, or have tankers leave the west coast filled with water.

The Nestle issue is gaining momentum as people are waking up to the facts.

Old 12-29-2016, 11:36 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
TV with cable stations starts at $85, include movie channels and $135.
Having worked in the industry, i know you have to be on your toes. Companies don't push the cheaper packages and you have to hunt for them on their websites.

Also, which I found morally wrong, if you have a package of services, and you pay a certain price, then the company changes the packages and your package becomes cheaper, they don't notify you. It is up to you to check every few months to see if your package is still the same price.

For instance. Look at the link below. You can get a basic cable package for $25.00

You Have Choices. Demand Better.

See what happens when you aren't paying attention!

Old 12-30-2016, 12:55 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,890 times
Quote:
The USA is a smaller country than Canada and cannot afford to lose land if it wants to remain a superpower.
True and most of the land mass of even so called blue states are really red. People are really mistaken about the notion of "blue states" . Outside of vermont and maybe minnesota and even minnesota was pretty much split down the middle for trump.

Places like California are very liberal in highly hispanic areas like LA county and the bay area but alot of California, especially northen California is very red and very conservative. Oregon and Washington state are majority red states but have highly populated democrat voting metros that make them blue. "Jefferson", that proposed area in northern california and oregon is probably much closer to any sort of real secession than any so called blue state secession.

You have to understand race when you look at American voting patterns , the majority of whites tend to be vote republican, trump won most states with white voters at least. If Canada was interested in blue states it would change the racial demographics in Canada enormously and make it much more hispanic, a place like LA county alone is a little less than 1/3 the size of the entire Canadian population. NY city and LA county alone is half the population size of canada and would change the demographics enormously in Canada

Old 12-30-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
True and most of the land mass of even so called blue states are really red. People are really mistaken about the notion of "blue states" . Outside of vermont and maybe minnesota and even minnesota was pretty much split down the middle for trump.

Places like California are very liberal in highly hispanic areas like LA county and the bay area but alot of California, especially northen California is very red and very conservative. Oregon and Washington state are majority red states but have highly populated democrat voting metros that make them blue. "Jefferson", that proposed area in northern california and oregon is probably much closer to any sort of real secession than any so called blue state secession.

You have to understand race when you look at American voting patterns , the majority of whites tend to be vote republican, trump won most states with white voters at least. If Canada was interested in blue states it would change the racial demographics in Canada enormously and make it much more hispanic, a place like LA county alone is a little less than 1/3 the size of the entire Canadian population. NY city and LA county alone is half the population size of canada and would change the demographics enormously in Canada
If a multi-racial population is the point, I don't think that an influx of hispanic people would really change the face of Canada. In the last year, I have stood on a busy downtown street corner and compared the number of caucasians to non-caucasians waiting to cross the street. Caucasians are by far the minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada