Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 10:30 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I think you watch too much fox news.

The monarchy does bother me especially since anglophone canadians look and sound american. I'm for the metric system. Its easier.
I'm not even sure we get Fox News? If it is on cable, it still would only be an available choice for 50 percent of Canadians, since 50 percent have cut cable services. Even then, they would have to choose it I believe.

The only Fox News I've seen are posted clips on Facebook. Watching them is painful.

We had a similar type of Canadian station that tried and failed here in Canada. They only got 5,000 subscribers out of millions of possible ones.
Canadians for the most part aren't interested in fake news and overall as a people tend to be suspicious in a good way about things like that.

So your Fox News response is a very American and non-applicable response to a Canadian.

As for the monarchy. Really? It bothers you? Oh dear. I think you have bigger fish to fry at the moment. Starting with the orange one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2018, 10:45 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:
I think you watch too much fox news.

The monarchy does bother me especially since anglophone canadians look and sound american. I'm for the metric system. Its easier.
Afraid of our monarchy, eh? You see it as a stumbling block to greed. That's good.

Old 03-31-2018, 12:42 PM

909 posts, read 1,153,846 times
Quote:

As for gun culture, canada has one.
There is not. Canadians never felt they need them for protection while Americans feel they do.

Old 03-31-2018, 04:03 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,498,681 times
It seems like this thread has gone off the rails. My intention wasn't to turn it into another Canada vs US thread as we already have plenty of those lying around, but to look at the limitations of each country and then ask how would you mitigate these in a merger to get the best scenario possible, including those found in order countries. I'm well aware of the fact that it's completely unrealistic as the US has nearly ten times the population, which is why I decided to ignore that aspect for the purpose of this thread.

Nevertheless, there's been a lot of positive discussion going on in this thread, which I'm more than ecstatic about.

I'm personally not a fan of the monarchy, but not for the same reasons as Dangerous Boy. I view it as a relic, a harmless one indeed, but a relic nevertheless. That goes for Australia and NZ as well.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:53 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,480,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
It seems like this thread has gone off the rails. My intention wasn't to turn it into another Canada vs US thread as we already have plenty of those lying around, but to look at the limitations of each country and then ask how would you mitigate these in a merger to get the best scenario possible, including those found in order countries. I'm well aware of the fact that it's completely unrealistic as the US has nearly ten times the population, which is why I decided to ignore that aspect for the purpose of this thread.

Nevertheless, there's been a lot of positive discussion going on in this thread, which I'm more than ecstatic about.

I'm personally not a fan of the monarchy, but not for the same reasons as Dangerous Boy. I view it as a relic, a harmless one indeed, but a relic nevertheless. That goes for Australia and NZ as well.
for the republic!

strangley, i'm actually ok the monarchy in australia and NZ but they seem more british to me. Although, australia has a lot irish there.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:48 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,498,681 times
Quote:
for the republic!

strangley, i'm actually ok the monarchy in australia and NZ but they seem more british to me. Although, australia has a lot irish there.
The British influences are greater than they are in Canada, but they are still sovereign nations and have been for a considerable period of time, which is why I think they should become republics or appoint a monarch of their own choosing (from their own respective country) if they feel so strongly about maintaining it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada