Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2019, 03:46 PM

6,414 posts, read 4,908,175 times

Advertisements

If it wasn't for Canada I wouldn't be on here writing this. My dad was Canadian and met my mom in NYC in the 1930's when his family emigrated there before returning to Canada. I was born in NYC and lived in Buffalo most of my life. I met my wife in Canada, which I will always be grateful for. We recently returned for an extended visit while her parents (my wonderful in-laws) are recovering from surgery. I never gave it that much thought but after living in Florida for the past 2.5 years I realize how much I miss Canada. First of all the women here are beautiful and the people are so friendly. Congrats on your wonderful country and I will enjoy every minute of my stay here. My only complaint is that is sooo cold. Go Raptors!!!! eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2019, 03:48 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,509,430 times
I love Canada, too, as well I should.

Our winters can be long and brutal, but they make us appreciate the warm months that much more.

You aren't watching the hockey playoffs? Montreal didn't even it cut it this year; I was very disappointed.

Old 05-01-2019, 07:03 PM

5,355 posts, read 5,129,553 times
I've been geeking out about Canada lately too. The more I read about it the cooler (haha ) it gets!

Canada is one big success story where people are using modern technology to carve out a very liveable country out of what was once a frozen wasteland!

I just found out yesterday how much of the country is able to get it's electricity from hydro power. What makes Canada's hydro power so neat is they didn't have to sacrifice amazing canyons, mountain valleys, or jungle habitat to get it as other countries have, they were able to grab it from unused low productivity land way up on the Canadian Shield. It's an engineering marvel how they are able to transport power over hundreds of miles downstream to the users. And there's plenty more capacity for future hydro power.

It's cool how more and more of the boreal forest is farmed and put to use, freeing up other very biodiverse from agriculture and forestry, allowing them to be preserved.

With climate change coming, the country should be in very good shape as most of the population isn't on the coast and the cities on the coast sit at a rather high elevation. Hopefully the country will warm up and become more productive and have better weather.

It's neat that Canada is branching out population wise away from the St. Lawrence river valley and southern Ontario and inhabiting the rest of the country.

Also it's amazing how big downtowns in Canadian cities are given their small population sizes. They seem better laid out than US cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada