Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 07:15 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,407,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
None of that is a problem. You want to be a Sikh....... you are a Sikh. That's how you identify.
Thank you.

Old 01-17-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
If this is a serious topic start reading up on Sikhism =https://www.sikhdharma.org/ideology-...MaAiP2EALw_wcB then pay a visit to a Sikh temple and ask your questions,youll be amazed at how friendly youll be recieved..
THanks for the reply Jambo.

Old 01-17-2020, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
With regard to Sikhism, to real Sikhs you would never pass as a Sikh by wearing a mock turban in an attempt to fool other people into thinking you're a Sikh. And you could get yourself into very serious trouble with real Sikhs if you tried to disguise yourself by wearing any sacred Sikh item. They don't take kindly to false pretenders to the faith or to mockery or abuse of their sacred items or their faith.

You wouldn't have the tell-tale trained physical bearing that Sikhs are taught from birth, nor the right personal reasons or the required attitude of selflessness and universal love to be accepted to actually convert to Sikhism which even if you were serious about it would likely take years for you to accomplish anyway. Your reasons given for considering Sikhism or thinking about wearing a turban in an attempt to disguise yourself as a Sikh to fool other people are very, very much at odds and counteractive to the creeds of Sikhism.

So I'm thinking it's not a safe or constructive idea for you but ..... who knows, you might also become a real believer so in the event you become sincerely interested in the faith for the sake of the faith and its laws of selflessness rather than for the sake of personal self (as you are doing now) here is a brief FAQ website that might help you to understand Sikhism a bit better and point you in the directions of further research. Sikh Faith FAQs - World Sikh Organization of Canada
Wow, seems like a rather closed off religion. Specially considering Canada is so welcoming to them.

[QUOTE]Personally I think if you are feeling so very unhappy and jaded with where you are you should start thinking about a relocation to a place that is more amenable to you. Everywhere is NOT the same.
[/quote]

Yes I am thinking leaving Canada, you are correct. Thanks for the advice.

Old 01-17-2020, 07:25 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Yes I am thinking leaving Canada, you are correct. Thanks for the advice.

Sorry to hear that.

Old 01-17-2020, 09:07 AM

293 posts, read 245,993 times
From the perspective of another Latino person living in Canada, I have no idea what you're talking about.

I haven't felt discriminated one second, and yes, I also live in a mostly Indian community with plenty of Sikhs everywhere.

Old 01-17-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAROD View Post
From the perspective of another Latino person living in Canada, I have no idea what you're talking about.

I haven't felt discriminated one second, and yes, I also live in a mostly Indian community with plenty of Sikhs everywhere.
Good for you.

Old 01-17-2020, 12:08 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
You haven't met many Indians have you? Have you heard of the caste system? Have you heard about their current government in power BJP? Have you heard of the Khalistani Movement? Yes, they keep these ideologies when ther move here.
I have met, and know many Indians as friends.

If, and it's a big if, they bring any hint of a caste system with them, it's directed at other Indians. Not others. It's also not really the caste system at play, but more " they came from a poor family ". Of course the key word here is bring. Their children are as Canadian as any.

As for Latino's/Hispanics and the like, I have friends from Mexico and co-workers etc, that all live here in Vancouver. They have never felt any of the things you are posting.

It's interesting that you had to direct Zoisite to the US forums to make your point, and not the Canada forums.

Last edited by Natnasci; 01-17-2020 at 12:18 PM..

Old 01-17-2020, 12:24 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I have met, and know many Indians as friends.

If, and it's a big if, they bring any hint of a caste system with them, it's directed at other Indians. Not others. It's also not really the caste system at play, but more " they came from a poor family ". Of course the key word here is bring. Their children are as Canadian as any.
Yet despite being the largest Minority group here they are less likely to intermarry with other groups. I want to be part of their community.

Quote:
As for Latino's/Hispanics and the like, I have friends from Mexico and co-workers etc, that all live here in Vancouver. They have never felt any of the things you are posting.

It's interesting that you had to direct Zoisite to the US forums to make your point, and not the Canada forums.
You are white. Many latinos will kiss you ass. I directed zoistie to the AMERICAS forum.

Old 01-17-2020, 12:28 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
[quote=UrbanLuis;57116958]
Quote:

Yet despite being the largest Minority group here they are less likely to intermarry with other groups. I want to be part of their community.

You are white. Many latinos will kiss you ass. I directed zoistie to the AMERICAS forum.
Come to the Lower Mainland, and have your eyes opened

Old 01-17-2020, 12:54 PM

[quote=Natnasci;57116991]
Quote:

Come to the Lower Mainland, and have your eyes opened
Maybe I should. Do you think I will be accepted into their circles?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada