Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2022, 05:40 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times

Advertisements

"Her philosophy was that she was more OK with the idea of catching COVID than getting vaccinated."

https://www.comicsands.com/hanka-hor...p8oTdigp3wekdc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2022, 06:50 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Nothing to do with surviving the virus or the risks from catching it. Talking about disregarding natural immunity for those who have had it (some twice). They are considered a "threat to society" and this is entirely political.
This reminds me of am old lady friend of mine who complained that clothing was not made as well as it used to be as she had already had to sew the same button on twice.

The link is interesting but it only refers to the delta variant and also states that the best protection is people who had been vaccinated AND then got covid. The study also eliminated people who died from the virus, which were overwhelmingly unvaccinated.

I assume a lot of those dead people breathed their last in hospitals. They also in all likelihood either were at the receiving end of a bunch of other people with the virus and also probably passed it on to at least one other person, so I'd say when hospitals become overwhelmed and co-workers, friends, relatives become sick, that an overwhelmed health care system is a threat to society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Unvaccinated people are more likely to be hospitalized or die.

Clogging up hospitals, exhausting the staff and creating all sorts of issues, such as delayed surgeries and treatments for non-Covid patients.

A threat to society? Well, they certainly are not helping.
Yup!

Quote:
"Her philosophy was that she was more OK with the idea of catching COVID than getting vaccinated."

https://www.comicsands.com/hanka-hor...p8oTdigp3wekdc
And Meatloaf. And a neighbour who recently died of Covid, unvaccinated of course. And in the hospital of course. Where his equally unvaccinated wife is as well.

Old 01-24-2022, 01:37 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
Super interesting and also hopeful the pandemic will end after Omicron. Turns out natural immunity provides the best protection against hospitalization and subsequent vaccination after that makes NO difference whatsoever. Next most protected are those who are vaccinated and least protected the ones who have never had the virus and never vaccinated. So one size does not fit all and this propaganda must stop. No need to ruin the lives of more people. Why hasn't any media covered this?

Old 01-24-2022, 01:52 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
Quote:
Manitoba records 23 new deaths, record high COVID-19 hospitalizations
https://globalnews.ca/news/8534554/m...pitalizations/

Old 01-25-2022, 11:07 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Super interesting and also hopeful the pandemic will end after Omicron. Turns out natural immunity provides the best protection against hospitalization and subsequent vaccination after that makes NO difference whatsoever. Next most protected are those who are vaccinated and least protected the ones who have never had the virus and never vaccinated. So one size does not fit all and this propaganda must stop. No need to ruin the lives of more people. Why hasn't any media covered this?

Probably because he has a history of putting out misinformation?

Google it.

Here is a balanced take on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H95VCYLBh-A

I'm still not understanding your point.

Are you seriously suggesting that people not get the vaccine? That people just risk getting Covid?

Old 01-25-2022, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Probably because he has a history of putting out misinformation?

Google it.

I'm still not understanding your point.

Are you seriously suggesting that people not get the vaccine? That people just risk getting Covid?
did you even see where this came from? It is the CDC study and he basically read what it said. People jump to conclusions fast when it does not fit their narrative. Nobody is saying people should get infected on purpose but also people should not be forced to get vaccinated especially when they have had the infection already. Why are they excluded from society or fired from their jobs (proof of vaccination) if they have better protection against hospitalization than those who are just vaccinated with no prior infection? Djokovic is one example of that. And there are millions more around the world. Where is the science everyone is talking about? No wonder so many protesting because governments have not been honest. Btw people with three doses also get Omicron and it's just a matter of time before almost everyone has caught it. It's almost as impossible as avoiding a cold and more and more people are realizing this daily.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/...mm7104e1-H.pdf

Last edited by Botev1912; 01-25-2022 at 01:35 PM..

Old 01-25-2022, 06:31 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,770,752 times
I don't think Delta has completely disappeared from the planet. It's like the nastiest of flu strains, only nastier and deadlier. Viruses mutate and evolve but not necessarily into more benign forms or else people nowadays would not be dying of influenza but they still do. We still have to take precautions until we get a better understanding of the coronavirus and right now no one has a firm handle on understanding it yet. BTW the CDC has contradicted itself so many times that I have lost faith in its current leadership. Even the American Medical Association (AMA) rejected the CDC's latest claims that positive Covid isolation should be reduced from 10 to 5 days. I do not recommend our neighbors to the north to take its advice without a grain of salt. That's what I don't like about this pandemic, government officials seemingly putting out haphazard guidance just to take credit for something. It's endemic of a problem the US (and possibly Canada) had on both sides of the aisle for too long - that of career politics and nothing more.

Old 01-25-2022, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
I don't think Delta has completely disappeared from the planet. It's like the nastiest of flu strains, only nastier and deadlier. Viruses mutate and evolve but not necessarily into more benign forms or else people nowadays would not be dying of influenza but they still do. We still have to take precautions until we get a better understanding of the coronavirus and right now no one has a firm handle on understanding it yet. BTW the CDC has contradicted itself so many times that I have lost faith in its current leadership. Even the American Medical Association (AMA) rejected the CDC's latest claims that positive Covid isolation should be reduced from 10 to 5 days. I do not recommend our neighbors to the north to take its advice without a grain of salt. That's what I don't like about this pandemic, government officials seemingly putting out haphazard guidance just to take credit for something. It's endemic of a problem the US (and possibly Canada) had on both sides of the aisle for too long - that of career politics and nothing more.
The flu from 1918 which is the same flu as now killed 50 million people but now it is a lot milder because people have a lot more immunity to it. Also, there will be no covid isolation requirements after the pandemic is over as it is not feasible. People don't have to isolate when they catch seasonal viruses and covid is heading in that direction.

Old 01-25-2022, 09:09 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,308,178 times
Quote:
The flu from 1918 which is the same flu as now killed 50 million people but now it is a lot milder because people have a lot more immunity to it. Also, there will be no covid isolation requirements after the pandemic is over as it is not feasible. People don't have to isolate when they catch seasonal viruses and covid is heading in that direction.
Wouldn’t you have to isolate if you caught measles, as an example? You certainly would here.

Old 01-25-2022, 10:39 PM

3,624 posts, read 3,411,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
That's what I don't like about this pandemic, government officials seemingly putting out haphazard guidance just to take credit for something. It's endemic of a problem the US (and possibly Canada) had on both sides of the aisle for too long - that of career politics and nothing more.
I've said the same elsewhere--that nowadays, governments have to be seen as doing something, whether it makes a difference or not.

This vaccination mandate for cross-border truckers is the perfect example. Truckers have been crossing the Canada-USA border since this whole thing started two years ago. Vaccines became available last spring, here in Canada. Why is a vaccine mandate for cross-border truckers needed now, when vaccines have been available to all in Canada and the US (including truckers) for at least nine or ten months, and truckers have (okay, it has to be said ): kept on trucking during that time?

It seems to me that somebody in the federal government said, "Y'know, we haven't done something regarding Covid for a while. We should do something. I know! Let's mandate that cross-border truckers all be vaccinated. It probably won't make a difference, but at least we'll be seen as doing something."

I don't know what the science behind that decision says, but I'm pretty sure that politics plays a larger role in that decision than the science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaMay View Post
Wouldn’t you have to isolate if you caught measles, as an example? You certainly would here.
Before there was a measles vaccine, I had the misfortune of catching measles. I was maybe 5 or 6 years old at the time. "Isolating" was necessary but involuntary, if only because I was too weak and feeling like crud to do anything. I couldn't play outside or in the house, or go to school--heck, I couldn't even get out of bed. My sister, who was a toddler at the time, was kept well away from me.

Obviously, I survived, but it was a week or two of hell. If I had the choice of isolating through the disease, and suffering it; or getting a vaccination and avoiding the whole thing, I'd opt for the vaccination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada