Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2022, 12:20 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,322,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
But they were kept on far longer than the hospitals' risk of being overwhelmed.
Not here. Because of covid patients, people have died awaiting treatment for other conditions. Our system now is so backed up I don't know how it can ever recover.

And Americans are also forgetting that everyone gets health care here. If unvaccinated covid patients are disproportionately using hospital space, shouldn't they be paying for that care out-of-pocket? Smokers already do in the form of cigarette taxes.

ETA: people aren't "forced" to get anything. They make CHOICES. Choices have consequences, good or bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 10:34 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,125,239 times
Natural immunity could provide protection against severe illness and death for a few years.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...ukgpiV3_VCsLuE

Old 02-07-2022, 11:10 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Natural immunity could provide protection against severe illness and death for a few years.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...ukgpiV3_VCsLuE
That article says if you already have natural immunity and then you get a covid vaccination as well then that provides a lot more protection for even longer.

So I think somebody needs to figure out how to bottle that natural immunity too and produce more of it. Then people could be injected with both natural immunity and other covid vaccines, and voila, they'd be good to go for eternity.

Old 02-07-2022, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
That article says if you already have natural immunity and then you get a covid vaccination as well then that provides a lot more protection for even longer.

So I think somebody needs to figure out how to bottle that natural immunity too and produce more of it. Then people could be injected with both natural immunity and other covid vaccines, and voila, they'd be good to go for eternity.

I had two doses of Pfizer in May and got Omicron last week. Very mild, only the first day felt bad with fatigue and headache. Since the majority of people have had covid already, the fear of the virus will go away and we will return to normal eventually. Science agrees. The question is when politicians will agree.

Old 02-07-2022, 01:07 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
I had two doses of Pfizer in May and got Omicron last week. Very mild, only the first day felt bad with fatigue and headache. Since the majority of people have had covid already, the fear of the virus will go away and we will return to normal eventually. Science agrees. The question is when politicians will agree.
There's 8 billion people in the world. How do you know that the majority of people have had covid already?

Old 02-07-2022, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
There's 8 billion people in the world. How do you know that the majority of people have had covid already?

Omicron won't leave anybody behind. Keep in mind most of the Omicron cases have NOT been reported for many reasons such as not enough testing, people not feeling sick to get tested, or people using at home tests. From what I see with Omicron, it just takes one person in a family to infect everybody else in the same family.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/11/more...onths-who.html

Old 02-07-2022, 06:54 PM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Omicron won't leave anybody behind. Keep in mind most of the Omicron cases have NOT been reported for many reasons such as not enough testing, people not feeling sick to get tested, or people using at home tests. From what I see with Omicron, it just takes one person in a family to infect everybody else in the same family.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/11/more...onths-who.html
Is that a bad thing if they really don't get sick? Covid is not some talisman for serious illness.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Is that a bad thing if they really don't get sick? Covid is not some talisman for serious illness.
It is not. In fact it was the mildest illness my children (under 4) have ever had. It was also more like a bad cold for me but also short lived about 4 days. Last year, I had a cold that lasted 2 weeks! Fortunately Omicron is not what Covid used to be.

Old 02-08-2022, 01:29 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
I had a 20 month run of immunity after getting it back in early April of 2020. I got it just before Christmas of 2021. Who gave it to me? A triple vaxxed coworker who swore his sneezing and coughing were allergies. Other vaxxed coworkers got Covid again, one three times. Its like they got the vaxx and became super spreaders. Another unvaxxed coworker got it from the same person and we both had the same run of symptoms.
I had it for two weeks. The fever and fatigue were the worst, the dry cough was annoying but my breathing wasn't impaired. But two family members who weren't vaxxed didn't get it from me. One was 93 years old. They both had Covid the same time I did in 2020 so their natural immunity is holding up. Or my not being vaxxed kept me from spreading it like a vaxxed person does.
Another coworker came back after getting it from their vaxxed daughter who is a health care worker. Her husband is a health care worker and he's vaxxed and he got it. I have family that aren't vaxxed and they got it.
Vaxxed or not, you'll get it, or get it again as is the most likely case. It's very contagious. But the vaxxed seem more likely to get it and spread it which is at least being openly discussed now. Now they're saying the vaxxed are getitng the most sick from repeat Covid infections.
Yet the insane still want children to get vaxxed.

Old 02-08-2022, 02:36 AM

3,602 posts, read 2,306,135 times
Quote:
How did that work for Canada? Even Australia's lockdowns only temporarily worked and the inevitable happened. Western Australia, China and Hong Kong will be hit harder than they could ever imagine.
Western Australia has actually had almost no lockdowns and only one death from a local infection. It is border closures which have worked there and the everyday life has been mostly normal. They are preparing for the virus spread when borders eventually open.

Yes, in NSW we have been hard hit in numbers but still only have had 1,598 deaths in total.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada