Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2020, 05:53 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,522,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAROD View Post
1- We can't trust Chinese numbers.
2- Yes, we are doing much much better than the US, their death rate is double what we have here.
3- Australia is an isolated island and doesn't share borders with the epidemic epicenter. Many of the cases in Canada originated from people coming south of the border.
Australia stopped it by closing the borders early on, making the people evacuated from Wuhan and that cruise ship in Japan all go into quarantine, closing state borders and later on and still having everyone arrive in the country stay in hotels at government expense for quarantine.

We have a huge amount of contact with China. This virus hit around Chinese New Year as well as the start of our academic year when many thousands of Chinese students normally arrive for university.

We have also had a compliant population and today a survey showed that 90% of the population support the handling of the crisis by the various state and federal governments.

It was not all due to our isolation.

Many of our early cases were brought in from the US when the powers that be there still seemed to be in denial. Thank goodness the borders were closed early.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2020, 12:52 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

It's obvious to me that guy on the bus is a bully ....... But alas, sending him to jail will only make him worse.

The guy on the bus is dead now. That was just announced tonight on the 11 p.m. news. He was a drug addict and apparently was found OD'ed on something. Just conjecturing now but maybe he did it on purpose after having his face plastered all over on the media identifying him as a racist bully. Or maybe the bus incident was the last straw for somebody else amongst his cohort that he had bullied and had enough of it and did it for him.

Old 05-14-2020, 09:48 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
The guy on the bus is dead now. That was just announced tonight on the 11 p.m. news. He was a drug addict and apparently was found OD'ed on something. Just conjecturing now but maybe he did it on purpose after having his face plastered all over on the media identifying him as a racist bully. Or maybe the bus incident was the last straw for somebody else amongst his cohort that he had bullied and had enough of it and did it for him..
So sad, another life lost too early to drug addiction, but I can't help myself from invoking the "Karma" adjective.

At the very least, I'd bet the farm he had some sort of previous record and being an addict could not face the possibility of jail time.

Old 05-14-2020, 06:10 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smihaila View Post
BC's phase 4 = conditional on vaccination?? Then the whole BC leadership (which servers their Globalist Cabal masters) should be hanged by trees. Like the traitors that they are.
The Premier of BC is an NDP member. I guessed correctly before checking.

Old 05-15-2020, 08:21 PM

2,226 posts, read 1,329,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I think they ALL are unstable, probably mostly on drugs/booze or are mentally handicapped. On the few videos of incidents that were shown on the news it was obvious that the perpetrators were completely right off their nuts. And it's been mostly women they've been attacking. People have to be unstable to be pulling the stunts that have been happening.

I personally was present at an ugly incident myself in New Westminster (a very bad area for these incidents happening). A scruffy pan-handler on an electric scooter on the sidewalk at an intersection deliberately lined himself up, gunned his scooter and rammed it from behind into a petite young Asian lady and her little 5 y.o. daughter standing waiting for the light to change. He rammed them so hard he knocked them both down onto their faces right into the street at the cross walk.

The pan-handler on the scooter laughed and raced away on his scooter and I don't know if the police ever caught him or not. The mother and daughter were lucky there was no traffic passing through the intersection right at that instant and fortunately neither the mother or daughter seemed very badly injured, but both were bruised and scraped up and in pain and the police called paramedics to come get them.

That was the worst one of three unpleasant incidents that I have personally seen in New Westminster when I had to go there for medical appointments. So if I have seen that kind of thing on the only three occasions that I had to go there then that leads me to believe it must be a regularly occurring thing.
Wow That was scary. Just read yesterday? that a 25yo girl is missing in the New West while jogging after diner. Her family in China have contacted the local police.

Many could not repatriate back to their country after being bumped off their seats, some up to 7 or 8 times already. One recent ad for a seat from YVR to Shenzhen starts from around C$8,000 for an economy seat. Others lucky to board a plane to Beijing had to disembark at over 20 other cities and put in quarantine for weeks before being sent to their final destinations, all at their own expenses.

Old 05-16-2020, 02:56 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Some info on BC

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...med-the-deaths

Old 05-16-2020, 03:45 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,328,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
The sad thing is that when something works people are quick to say that the virus isn't that bad and that the government should open up. I've been hearing that from people around here who initially supported the measures.

And judging from what I've seen in terms of vehicles parked outside of greenhouses here, I wonder how many are actually following our local guidelines about there being enough space for people. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...erns-1.5571324

Old 05-16-2020, 03:47 PM

7,681 posts, read 5,530,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
From the article:
Data compiled on May 13 show the province’s Covid-19 death rate was 3 per 100,000 residents, better than almost anywhere in North America and much of Europe.
In Manitoba the death rate is about 0.5 per 100,000 residents.

Old 05-16-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
From the article:
Data compiled on May 13 show the province’s Covid-19 death rate was 3 per 100,000 residents, better than almost anywhere in North America and much of Europe.
In Manitoba the death rate is about 0.5 per 100,000 residents.
They did say almost. However the article was about Dr. Henry, so it focused on BC

Old 05-16-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
The sad thing is that when something works people are quick to say that the virus isn't that bad and that the government should open up. I've been hearing that from people around here who initially supported the measures.

And judging from what I've seen in terms of vehicles parked outside of greenhouses here, I wonder how many are actually following our local guidelines about there being enough space for people. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...erns-1.5571324
That is a concern here as well. Many people here in Vancouver are glad the weekend weather has changed from sun yesterday to rain today. Forcing people to stay in this holiday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada