Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2020, 11:17 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,664,649 times

Advertisements

but 2nd hand is acceptable too.

Old 05-03-2020, 12:10 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,125,863 times
Most Canadians won't talk about that kind of thing here in Canada these days. We used to discuss it a lot more openly a few decades ago, but not anymore. Seriously.

The main attitude now is that sasquatches are a very special natural wildlife resource that needs to be respected and protected and kept hidden from prying eyes. So rather than reveal and betray them to foreign glory hunters who all have personal ulterior motives to profit from the discovery and violations of the creatures it's better for locals to keep the creatures' existence hidden and protect the privacy of them as well as the privacy of the locals who earn the creatures' trust and keep their secrets.

So these days if hunters from other places come looking for them and are asking locals a lot of questions the locals will deny knowledge of any sasquatch existence. Or some people might mention experiences from the long ago past but won't ever say where it happened. Or else they'll misdirect the hunters and send them off on really crazy wild goose chases to locations that are hard to get to and will be inconvenient and troublesome, sometimes dangerous for the hunters and that are always swarming with tons of mosquitoes and noseeums. Then the hunters give up and go away.

Old 05-03-2020, 12:34 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,535,297 times
I once attended a seminar at which my study partner was a Sasquatch from Piapot Saskatchewan. He was very insular and didn't enjoy the 'meet and greet' the first day of the seminar. His obsession with his body hair was keeping him from intermingling in an outgoing style. His preferred method of communicating seemed to be guttural grunts and body language.

At every coffee break he'd go missing and I only discovered later in the week that he had smuggled his girlfriend into the convention hall and sequestered her among the Norfolk Pines in the atrium where he would meet up with her during break periods.

I have a bone to pick with him as he borrowed my Mont Blanc fountain pen to fill out his employer's expense reimbursement form and didn't return it. I tried getting in touch of him through Natural Resources Canada but they insisted he was merely a consultant and they were not responsible for any third party liabilities incurred.

Old 05-03-2020, 01:34 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,614,803 times
Here is some actual footage from 1984. I am forbidden to reveal the actual spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTarUs4TWUw

Old 05-03-2020, 11:33 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,664,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Most Canadians won't talk about that kind of thing here in Canada these days. We used to discuss it a lot more openly a few decades ago, but not anymore. Seriously.

The main attitude now is that sasquatches are a very special natural wildlife resource that needs to be respected and protected and kept hidden from prying eyes. So rather than reveal and betray them to foreign glory hunters who all have personal ulterior motives to profit from the discovery and violations of the creatures it's better for locals to keep the creatures' existence hidden and protect the privacy of them as well as the privacy of the locals who earn the creatures' trust and keep their secrets.

So these days if hunters from other places come looking for them and are asking locals a lot of questions the locals will deny knowledge of any sasquatch existence. Or some people might mention experiences from the long ago past but won't ever say where it happened. Or else they'll misdirect the hunters and send them off on really crazy wild goose chases to locations that are hard to get to and will be inconvenient and troublesome, sometimes dangerous for the hunters and that are always swarming with tons of mosquitoes and noseeums. Then the hunters give up and go away.

That is how it is in the very rural parts of my state (Kentucky), locals know these things are around, but they will not generally share that with outsiders.

The only reason I found that out, is because I got to be good friends with an ex girlfriends older brother and he happened to live in Falls of the Rough, KY, (very rural small KY town), we did alot of drinking back in those days and he talked about it a little bit, he knew they were in the area, but he didnt have any interest in taking me to see one he would always try to change the subject when I brought it up.

I got this same response from a few other local guys who were there, they didnt give it much thought, it was just something they have always known about but it was sort of taboo to talk about, people just left them alone and they left people alone and thats the way it was and I guarantee, its like that today in the city.

Im not sure on what you mean by them being a very special natural wildlife resource? Are you saying they have their own specific role in nature and the ecosystem?

Old 05-04-2020, 12:42 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,614,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That is how it is in the very rural parts of my state (Kentucky), locals know these things are around, but they will not generally share that with outsiders.

The only reason I found that out, is because I got to be good friends with an ex girlfriends older brother and he happened to live in Falls of the Rough, KY, (very rural small KY town), we did alot of drinking back in those days and he talked about it a little bit, he knew they were in the area, but he didnt have any interest in taking me to see one he would always try to change the subject when I brought it up.

I got this same response from a few other local guys who were there, they didnt give it much thought, it was just something they have always known about but it was sort of taboo to talk about, people just left them alone and they left people alone and thats the way it was and I guarantee, its like that today in the city.

Im not sure on what you mean by them being a very special natural wildlife resource? Are you saying they have their own specific role in nature and the ecosystem?
Canadian humour can be very dry and ironic.

Old 05-04-2020, 01:22 PM

44,392 posts, read 20,123,279 times
Bigfoot threads already exist in the Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal forum. This thread is not specific to Canada and is therefore off-topic. Thread closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada