Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 05:46 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,124,126 times

Advertisements

This virus is here to stay forever. How many people on this forum think life can keep going like this forever or at least for the foreseeable future without seeing friends, distant family members (especially located in another county) and not having any social or cultural life? Without school, college and real education for children? Especially when we don't know whether the available vaccines will need to be done every year (which would be impossible to distribute to every person on Earth). And yes unfortunately governments have no idea either. The numbers show that most of the world is actually significantly worse off than it was in March last year even with all these restrictions.

The coronavirus is going to stick around forever. Get ready for the new normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2021, 06:00 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,543,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
This virus is here to stay forever. How many people on this forum think life can keep going like this forever or at least for the foreseeable future without seeing friends, distant family members (especially located in another county) and not having any social or cultural life? Without school, college and real education for children? Especially when we don't know whether the available vaccines will need to be done every year (which would be impossible to distribute to every person on Earth). And yes unfortunately governments have no idea either. The numbers show that most of the world is actually significantly worse off than it was in March last year even with all these restrictions.

The coronavirus is going to stick around forever. Get ready for the new normal.
Well no one can predict the future, and yes the virus will be around, like a lot of viruses, but even your link states:

"The coronavirus will likely be part of our lives forever, though the pandemic phase will eventually end. Our best hope is for it to turn into a mild, flu-like illness rather than a deadlier, long-term threat."

Old 02-11-2021, 06:01 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,124,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Well no one can predict the future, and yes the virus will be around, like a lot of viruses, but even your link states:

"The coronavirus will likely be part of our lives forever, though the pandemic phase will eventually end. Our best hope is for it to turn into a mild, flu-like illness rather than a deadlier, long-term threat."
Yes, but this could take 5-10 years. Of course everybody hopes it takes a lot less than that.

Old 02-11-2021, 06:25 PM

2,869 posts, read 5,135,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
I took a look at the posting and think it is pure satire. Funny, the posting so reminded me of an article from a Canadian satirical newspaper I discovered a while back about bringing back the penny into circulation by outsourcing its production overseas. Check it out for a laugh: https://thelapine.ca/canada-brings-b...rced-to-india/
I went a bit further than the posting itself and looked at where it was shared and who shared it. I disagree with your assessment. These are freedom fighters, or at least they think they are.

Fun link, though.

Old 02-11-2021, 06:57 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,766,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
I went a bit further than the posting itself and looked at where it was shared and who shared it. I disagree with your assessment. These are freedom fighters, or at least they think they are.

Fun link, though.
I stand corrected then. The message the group posted in their Facebook page sounded rather tame compared to other message sites in the US I had seen. Down here, a lot of individuals will consider such a posting as a joke than a threat or warning based on the way the message was worded. Then again, our respective societies probably have different degrees of tolerance for speech.

Old 02-12-2021, 08:13 PM

7,679 posts, read 5,524,010 times
Israeli scientists think they may have found a cure:

“29 out of 30 patients with moderate-to-severe cases of COVID-19 were administered the drug, named EXO-CD24, and experienced a marked recovery in just two days. They were released from the hospital three to five days later.”

https://www.israelhayom.com/2021/02/...s-covid-cases/

https://bgr.com/2021/02/06/coronavir...-trial-israel/

etc. (Google search: EXO-CD24)

It’s early days though. This was only a phase 1 clinical trial.

Old 02-13-2021, 10:30 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,543,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Israeli scientists think they may have found a cure:

“29 out of 30 patients with moderate-to-severe cases of COVID-19 were administered the drug, named EXO-CD24, and experienced a marked recovery in just two days. They were released from the hospital three to five days later.”

https://www.israelhayom.com/2021/02/...s-covid-cases/

https://bgr.com/2021/02/06/coronavir...-trial-israel/

etc. (Google search: EXO-CD24)

It’s early days though. This was only a phase 1 clinical trial.
I'll grab onto any piece of hope!!

Old 02-13-2021, 01:25 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,493,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Yes, but this could take 5-10 years. Of course everybody hopes it takes a lot less than that.
Oh definitely. There’s really no way to tell how long the pandemic phase will last. We’ve already seen the virus mutate into different strands and that’s likely to continue for the time being. Expect to see places around the world go into temporary lockdowns from time to time. Just yesterday, Victoria in Australia, introduced a five day lockdown (there was a major one last year).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada