Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 05:44 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,049,434 times

Advertisements

I saw that article on CBC website, if there any C-D users who stay in that area, stay safe and be careful.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...ings-1.6572464

Quote:
Melfort RCMP have issued a provincewide dangerous persons alert after multiple people were stabbed in the James Smith Cree Nation and Weldon, Sask.

RCMP said in a press conference at 3:40 CT that they found 10 people deceased and at least 15 people have been hospitalized. RCMP said they found 13 incident locations in James Smith Cree Nation and Weldon.

"There maybe additional injured victims who transported themselves to various hospitals," Rhonda Blackmore, commanding officer of the Saskatchewan RCMP, said.

"We are currently actively looking for it, dedicating maximum resources to this."

RCMP said they received a report that the two suspects, identified as Damien Sanderson and Myles Sanderson, may have been travelling in the Arcola Avenue area in Regina. Regina Police said the suspects were seen around 11:20 a.m.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2022, 06:50 PM

183 posts, read 122,024 times
It's just horrifying. Such devastation and grief in those communities.

I wonder if anyone will ever figure out what chain of events led to this tragedy. But it will probably never make sense.

I just hope they find them quickly or that they turn themselves in.

Old 09-04-2022, 09:40 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,974,280 times
Are victims mostly aboriginals?

Prayers to all victims and those affected, it’s really sad!

Old 09-04-2022, 10:03 PM

183 posts, read 122,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Are victims mostly aboriginals?

Prayers to all victims and those affected, it’s really sad!
There hasn't been any official information on that that I've seen, but the known victims were from an Indigenous reserve (James Smith Cree Nation) and a village near to the reserve (Weldon). It's a fairly remote location, and I'd presume yes for those on reserve, but no identities of victims have been released so far. I have no idea who lives in Weldon.

Old 09-04-2022, 10:47 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Terrible news. Some were targeted, some were random attacks. It kind of sounds like the residents suspect the killing spree is a result of bad drugs that came onto the reserve. Drugs are briefly mentioned by Chief Bobby Cameron of the Federation of Sovereign Indigenous Nations in his message of condolences:

https://twitter.com/fsinations/statu...latest-updates

here is some updated news from half an hour ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...latest-updates

Last edited by Zoisite; 09-04-2022 at 10:56 PM..

Old 09-05-2022, 12:56 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,495,021 times
Prayers to all those affected. This is truly devastating.

Old 09-05-2022, 01:22 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Terrible news. Some were targeted, some were random attacks. It kind of sounds like the residents suspect the killing spree is a result of bad drugs that came onto the reserve. Drugs are briefly mentioned by Chief Bobby Cameron of the Federation of Sovereign Indigenous Nations in his message of condolences:

https://twitter.com/fsinations/statu...latest-updates

here is some updated news from half an hour ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...latest-updates

Apparently both suspects were heavy meth users.

Old 09-05-2022, 09:45 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
This is so sad. Been following on the news. RIP to the victim who died, and I wish for healing for the survivors.

Old 09-05-2022, 10:03 AM

48 posts, read 29,471 times
Horrible news!
I grew up in Saskatchewan and drove taxi for several summers in the city of Regina.Never had an issue with any indigenous clients in my cab,
It was well know how these usually quiet, proud, shy people become transformed after ingesting alcohol.

During the past 30 years the drug cartels have targeted this group.

A few years ago a friend of mine stopped off for gas at a remote northern reserve in Manitoba. He observed a "high" 10 year old boy walking around randomly with no shirt in 45 degree weather.He was brandishing a large handgun and pointing it at everyone....

Like others here, I believe some sort of "drug" scene was responsible for this crime.

We used to pass the town of Weldon many times on our yearly fishing trip traveling from Regina to Northern Saskatchewan .

It is very scenic, a mixture of beautiful pastures intermingled with treed areas, open skies.

Lets hope the suspects are apprehended soon.

Old 09-05-2022, 10:47 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
The area for alert has been extended to both Manitoba and Alberta. That is a huge area covered by so many country roads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada