Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2022, 11:22 AM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
The area for alert has been extended to both Manitoba and Alberta. That is a huge area covered by so many country roads.
Indeed and is it possible then they might have taken an other vehicule instead of the one (a black Nissan Rogue) who was described by the RCMP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2022, 01:39 PM

183 posts, read 122,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Indeed and is it possible then they might have taken an other vehicule instead of the one (a black Nissan Rogue) who was described by the RCMP?
That's certainly a possibility.

Consider this, though: this has been given a lot of attention by media, the news, it's on every channel in Canada, and it's all over social media. If these suspects are driving anywhere, and are still together, that's going to make it tough to pull into a gas station to refuel without being recognized.

In sparsely populated rural areas, they'd need gas at some point along the way. They'd need to drive over some vast areas to get to a populated area where they might be able to hide.

And even if they went to a larger regional city, say Winnipeg, and tried to "blend in," this tragedy has gotten so much attention that it would be very difficult to melt into the urban scenery without being noticed.

For these reasons alone, imo there's a reasonable chance that they are still hunkered down in Regina.

I'm ignorant as to how the influence of drugs might affect their behaviour though, if the speculation about drug use is true. If drugs fuelled the beginning of the violence, what will they do when those effects wear off? I am wondering if they will be found asleep in a dark, secluded corner of Regina, which is maybe the best outcome to hope for. Anybody can speculate by pulling imaginary scenarios out of their hat the way I am doing... I'm in waiting mode, and hoping for the least terrible outcome.

Old 09-05-2022, 03:25 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times
It looks like the RCMP may have learned a few things from the Nova Scotia shootings.

I feel overwhelming sadness when I think how hard some people's hearts can be as to do what killers do. It's unimaginable.

Old 09-05-2022, 04:27 PM

1,139 posts, read 615,707 times
When I saw the headlines on my local news I thought it was something happening in the US.

WTH? What can possibly be the reason for this sort of random violence? I understand that meth or whatever drug can make you unstable, but this is over the top.

And from all the news reports, they never really gave any background on the 2 suspects. Are they brothers or related? Who are they and why would they do such a horrendous thing.

It's similar to the crazy story about the 2 murderers (McLeod and Schmegelsky) from BC running from RCMP ending up in a torched stolen vehicle in Manitoba. Nothing makes sense about their motives and it just seems evil.

Old 09-05-2022, 05:27 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Damien Sanderson has been found dead from non-self inflicted wounds and his brother Myles is still at large.

The list of injured has gone up now to 18.

https://www.sasktoday.ca/north/local...-large-5780928

Old 09-05-2022, 05:29 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times
I read the warnings last night for people to shelter in place. They seem to have no idea of where these horrible monsters may be. Imagine such a huge area and everybody now has to be suspicious and scared that they might show up on their doorstep.

I hate drugs and I wish druggies would be safely locked up somewhere for their own good and for our good.

Thought they would have been found by now but they could be anywhere. All we can do is hope they are found before they hurt or kill anyone else.

Old 09-05-2022, 06:28 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Damien Sanderson has been found dead from non-self inflicted wounds and his brother Myles is still at large.

The list of injured has gone up now to 18.

https://www.sasktoday.ca/north/local...-large-5780928

I am just hearing this. Wow. Do you think his brother killed him or someone from the community?

Old 09-05-2022, 07:50 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I am just hearing this. Wow. Do you think his brother killed him or someone from the community?
I doubt his brother Myles did it. I think Damien probably bled to death due to injuries he got from one or more of the hospitalized victims fighting back to defend theirselves when they were being attacked during the killing spree. Apparently the brother Myles has also been reported to the police to be badly injured (by someone) and this is what the police have said in one of their updates 2 hours ago when they were advising people to stay vigilant because Myles is still at large and they expect Myles may try to get medical attention:

https://www.cnn.com/americas/live-ne...-22/index.html

"His injuries, we can't confirm those injuries, but we do have strong reason to believe that he has sustained some injuries. We're not exactly sure what those injuries are," Saskatchewan RCMP Commanding Officer Assistant Commissioner Rhonda Blackmore said.

It's possible that if Myles has been as badly injured as Damien was then he may bleed to death too without medical attention. Maybe he will just hole up somewhere and wait to die.

I hate what synthetic drugs and alcohol do to First Nations and many Polynesian and Mongolian people, the transformation they go through when under the influence is horrific, the terrible things they even do to themselves is beyond comprehension. I don't know of any other races of people who become so badly effected. I wish the science and medical fields would do serious studies to find out what it is in the genetic makeup of First Nations, Mongols and Polynesians to cause them to go through that Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde transformation into berserkers when they are high on alcohol and synthetic drugs. Natural plant hallucinogens/psychedelics don't have the same kinds of terrible effects on them the way synthetics and alcohol do.

Old 09-05-2022, 08:45 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
^Yes, since I posted, I saw Officer Blackmore's statements about Myles on CBC.

Scarily interesting about the intense effects of synthetic drugs on those populations. So sad, such loss in many ways.

Old 09-06-2022, 02:20 PM

183 posts, read 122,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I doubt his brother Myles did it. I think Damien probably bled to death due to injuries he got from one or more of the hospitalized victims fighting back to defend theirselves when they were being attacked during the killing spree. Apparently the brother Myles has also been reported to the police to be badly injured (by someone) and this is what the police have said in one of their updates 2 hours ago when they were advising people to stay vigilant because Myles is still at large and they expect Myles may try to get medical attention:

https://www.cnn.com/americas/live-ne...-22/index.html

"His injuries, we can't confirm those injuries, but we do have strong reason to believe that he has sustained some injuries. We're not exactly sure what those injuries are," Saskatchewan RCMP Commanding Officer Assistant Commissioner Rhonda Blackmore said.

It's possible that if Myles has been as badly injured as Damien was then he may bleed to death too without medical attention. Maybe he will just hole up somewhere and wait to die.

I hate what synthetic drugs and alcohol do to First Nations and many Polynesian and Mongolian people, the transformation they go through when under the influence is horrific, the terrible things they even do to themselves is beyond comprehension. I don't know of any other races of people who become so badly effected. I wish the science and medical fields would do serious studies to find out what it is in the genetic makeup of First Nations, Mongols and Polynesians to cause them to go through that Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde transformation into berserkers when they are high on alcohol and synthetic drugs. Natural plant hallucinogens/psychedelics don't have the same kinds of terrible effects on them the way synthetics and alcohol do.

Synthetic drugs are doing a number on many populations. Fentanyl overdoses are a crisis across Canada, not just among Indigenous communities. The ravages on reserves are so horrendous because the damage done to each small community is so disproportionate. It isn't scattered across enormous middle class suburbs where it's harder to see.

A bit of an aside; but if you want to see the effects of alcohol and synthetic drugs, there's a doc on Netflix now about John McAfee, Running With the Devil, the wealthy founder of the anti-virus software company. He lost it all, ended it in prison. Went down in a spiral of delusion and violence. Freelancers following him for a Vice documentary couldn't keep up with his behaviour. And that was a multi-millionaire...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada