Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2012, 06:13 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,526,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTourist View Post
Yes, Canada is a good place if you're a woman or a prosecuted minority, I agree. For example, homosexuals from elsewhere (e.g. muslim countries) may like it here. If I had a daughter, Canada would have been a good place for her to spend some of her years and a good retreat overall.

For healthy red blooded independent men, maybe not so much. Especially in the cities. All this modern leftist marxist multicultural ultra feminist misandrist defecation p.c. feminine "culture" is being showed down our throats in Canada leaving a lot of males a little room for maneuvering to survive and soar in this society keeping in mind men's normal instincts and desires making them frustrated and some damaged. Basically, there's a good chance that living in Canada will be killing one's normal male instincts. But women are unusually elevated here compared to the rest of the world (including other "developed" countries as well) and it's good for them.

When I first traveled to California a lot of years ago after living my all life in a rough masculine culture, I thought USA will be the 1st country where genders will disappear. It seemed to me that a lot of women acted like they wanted to grow a penis and become men and a lot of men surprised me as being unusually feminine. Boy, was I wrong, they've got nothing on Canada! Every major city in this country is basically gay-- just in a different way, be it Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal, let's say, they have just different flavor. I just can't think of more effeminate country in the world with more arrested men overall.

Just referencing your daughter's expected gravitation towards Canada compared to the USA.
There's nothing more natural about the ways your culture taught you men should act than my culture taught me men should act. Get you head out of ass and stop being such a judgemental ethnocentric person. I'm perfectly happy with my life being a feminist urban Canadian man and don't feel oppressed or hard done by. I value my egalitarian romantic and platonic relationships with women and feel secure in my own masculinity. Maybe you don't feel comfortable in a foreign culture with different gender roles than you grew up with - fine! But try to understand us from our point of view and know that there's more than one good way to be human and that people aren't living their lives "wrong" just because the lives they live are very different from the life you lived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 09:54 PM

395 posts, read 859,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhundred View Post

This again? When new york, boston, chicago and moscow first became thriving cities in the millions or near. Canada's biggest cities had about 90,000 people.

Canada remained undeveloped for most of the 19th century due to issue revolving around yes the weather and the ability to harvest crops and produce. The US had a boon of immigration in the 19th century, during that same period canada was not nearly as desired a location.

Look up the extreme hardships the settlers out in western canada had to endure in the late 19th century to settle the lands there. Compared to the same period of american western expansion. Only 20th century progress has made it so that these hardships have become much less and now canada is one of the most sough after destinations to immigrate.
I said about 15 separate times in this thread that historically weather was a constraint on population, however this has not been the case for nearly a hundred years, since the economic engine of the world has moved away from agriculture.

In the urban structure that the world now lives, canada could easily have 200-300 million people, even up to a billion people and only they are we talking about european type densities.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:48 PM

455 posts, read 1,131,918 times
If you're talking about purely technical terms (a billion seems way too far off though) but yes maybe into the near future canada could technically support a hundred million people.

As of now it can't though, it has no infrastructure in place for that. Canada's population is growing at a steady rate mainly due to very generous immigration polices. Canada is expected to reach about 45-50 million people by mid century, most western nations are actually seeing pop. stagnation or decreases in their future.

For numbers you are talking about to come about at any time in the next 50 years canada would literally have to throw it's doors open to literally everybody who wants in plus force transporting people. As it is there are only about 3 cities in the country taking in about 80% of immigrants on maybe 2% of canada's land if that.

Finally european like densities exist because europe has literally been inhabited for thousands of years of with agriculture and produce creation.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
If you're talking about purely technical terms (a billion seems way too far off though) but yes maybe into the near future canada could technically support a hundred million people.

As of now it can't though, it has no infrastructure in place for that. Canada's population is growing at a steady rate mainly due to very generous immigration polices. Canada is expected to reach about 45-50 million people by mid century, most western nations are actually seeing pop. stagnation or decreases in their future.

For numbers you are talking about to come about at any time in the next 50 years canada would literally have to throw it's doors open to literally everybody who wants in plus force transporting people. As it is there are only about 3 cities in the country taking in about 80% of immigrants on maybe 2% of canada's land if that.

Finally european like densities exist because europe has literally been inhabited for thousands of years of with agriculture and produce creation.
No infrastructure in place eh?, you must be an engineer or something .

Seriously though I'm not saying it'll hapen just saying canada is so far from a population limit that there are multiple causes for the country to be thinly populated.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:13 AM

455 posts, read 1,131,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmaq32 View Post
No infrastructure in place eh?, you must be an engineer or something .

Seriously though I'm not saying it'll hapen just saying canada is so far from a population limit that there are multiple causes for the country to be thinly populated.
Or someone with even the most basic knowledge of urban planning? Tell me where are these countless extra tens or hundreds of millions going to fit?

Hell toronto is already congested as hell with 2.6 million in the city where are the extra 10 million gonna fit? Vancouver is the size of a shoebox. I repeat the infrastructure isn't there. A population limit is what the sustainability of a region for it's people is, period.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Or someone with even the most basic knowledge of urban planning? Tell me where are these countless extra tens or hundreds of millions going to fit?

Hell toronto is already congested as hell with 2.6 million in the city where are the extra 10 million gonna fit? Vancouver is the size of a shoebox. I repeat the infrastructure isn't there. A population limit is what the sustainability of a region is for it's people is, period.
That was sarcasm, my friend.

Anyhow there is ton's of room, you really need to look at the shear size of the country.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:52 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
compare how much actual SOLID chunks of land masses the USA has to Canada. northern Canada is nothing but lakes and rivers, bogs, forested and marsh lands. add to this the weather conditions, insects and a much more inconvenient delivery of goods and you have very hard conditions for anyone to "make" livable for modern people.

the infrastructure is not there to be desirable for most people to consider

Old 11-27-2012, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
compare how much actual SOLID chunks of land masses the USA has to Canada. northern Canada is nothing but lakes and rivers, bogs, forested and marsh lands. add to this the weather conditions, insects and a much more inconvenient delivery of goods and you have very hard conditions for anyone to "make" livable for modern people.

the infrastructure is not there to be desirable for most people to consider
When you factor in the desert portion of the usa, the difference in much smaller than you`d think.

Canada is fortunate that most of its deserts coincide with the arctic.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:19 AM

47 posts, read 70,042 times
mikmaq32
Where would all of these extra people go?

Old 11-27-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidjr View Post
mikmaq32
Where would all of these extra people go?
What do you mean where, where do they go in china.

Seriously do any of you have any idea how much unused land there is in canada

You could easily fit the entire population of the country on the island portion of newfoundland. And still have ton`s of forest, bogs, and lakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada