Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2012, 01:43 PM

26 posts, read 47,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
How is the quality of recent immigrants to Canada???
Well, it goes without saying that Canada has a superior class of immigrants. In fact, they have the very best immigrants in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 06:59 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,697,984 times
In Punjab, they think differently about those who left punjab and went to Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMoose View Post
Well, it goes without saying that Canada has a superior class of immigrants. In fact, they have the very best immigrants in the world.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:06 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,833,503 times
When immigrants hear the name AMERICA - they have this wonderful image...so they tend to gravitate to that place...My son's wife is from Chile...she really thought America was the be all end all....until she learned about the dark underbelly...She now champions Canada....Watching her adjust was interesting- In Chile only people with money ate at McDonald's .....so she ate there often- till she figured out it was the other way around- Only fat poor white people eat at McDonald's so she stopped...She was a plump little farm girl....then she discovered "personal trainers" and THE GYM...now she is in top shape and loves that whole North American perfect body thing....she is a hard worker and understands something that we have forgotten...That if you work and manage your money in Canada- there is OPPORTUNITY...And you can have a good life.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:57 AM

2 posts, read 4,489 times
This thread is insane. There are so many blatantly obvious reasons that our country is smaller. MOST of which are historical. The current make up of both countries are very close in almost every aspect, including population growth and immigration. Gain a little perspective and stop splitting hairs. This thread has demonstrated to me how many morons with too much spare time are on BOTH sides of the border. Ignorance exists in both countries- I was a dual citizen at one point and was able to experience the best and worst of both. You will find as much region by region variation within each country as you will when you cross the border. I also realize that the initial question posed was not a comparison between Canada and the US but the discussion quickly shifted into the direction it always seems too when Canadians and Americans discuss their respective countries.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:03 AM

395 posts, read 860,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrigpig View Post
This thread is insane. There are so many blatantly obvious reasons that our country is smaller. MOST of which are historical. The current make up of both countries are very close in almost every aspect, including population growth and immigration. Gain a little perspective and stop splitting hairs. This thread has demonstrated to me how many morons with too much spare time are on BOTH sides of the border. Ignorance exists in both countries- I was a dual citizen at one point and was able to experience the best and worst of both. You will find as much region by region variation within each country as you will when you cross the border. I also realize that the initial question posed was not a comparison between Canada and the US but the discussion quickly shifted into the direction it always seems too when Canadians and Americans discuss their respective countries.
The historical differences were point out.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,841,952 times
Default Population Density

I am an American Yankee living in New Hampshire and I suggest there are three reasons for the low population density in Canada. They are Climate, Climate and Climate. In my experience people do best where they can raise fruit trees and grapes. In Canada this is limited to parts of the southern regions. These areas are relatively densely populated. The rest of the country is simply too cold to either attract people or too undeveloped to employ them.

FWIW - My wife and I drove across much of Canada 40+ years ago on a summer vacation and have more recently visited the St Lawrence estuary in Quebec. I am now planning an extended visit to the Maritime Provinces next summer. I really like visiting your country.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:17 AM

395 posts, read 860,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am an American Yankee living in New Hampshire and I suggest there are three reasons for the low population density in Canada. They are Climate, Climate and Climate. In my experience people do best where they can raise fruit trees and grapes. In Canada this is limited to parts of the southern regions. These areas are relatively densely populated. The rest of the country is simply too cold to either attract people or too undeveloped to employ them.

FWIW - My wife and I drove across much of Canada 40+ years ago on a summer vacation and have more recently visited the St Lawrence estuary in Quebec. I am now planning an extended visit to the Maritime Provinces next summer. I really like visiting your country.
If this were the case, new york, boston, chicago, moscow, harbin and toronto would be unpopulated.

What you won't hear is anyone at the immigration office saying that there is a shortage of immigrants due to the cold.

Obviously everyone wants to live in perfect weather, however this is a reality only for the top 1 percent of population.

Anyhow this thread is such a joke, nothing but the opinions of nonsense. Canada's population density is unbelievably low.

Heilongjiang province in china has a population greater than all of canada's and average temperatures much colder than the ones found in toronto with an area the size of the yukon.

Last edited by mikmaq32; 11-20-2012 at 08:26 AM..

Old 11-20-2012, 10:17 AM

218 posts, read 510,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
When immigrants hear the name AMERICA - they have this wonderful image...so they tend to gravitate to that place...My son's wife is from Chile...she really thought America was the be all end all....until she learned about the dark underbelly...She now champions Canada....Watching her adjust was interesting- In Chile only people with money ate at McDonald's .....so she ate there often- till she figured out it was the other way around- Only fat poor white people eat at McDonald's so she stopped...She was a plump little farm girl....then she discovered "personal trainers" and THE GYM...now she is in top shape and loves that whole North American perfect body thing....she is a hard worker and understands something that we have forgotten...That if you work and manage your money in Canada- there is OPPORTUNITY...And you can have a good life.
Yes, Canada is a good place if you're a woman or a prosecuted minority, I agree. For example, homosexuals from elsewhere (e.g. muslim countries) may like it here. If I had a daughter, Canada would have been a good place for her to spend some of her years and a good retreat overall.

For healthy red blooded independent men, maybe not so much. Especially in the cities. All this modern leftist marxist multicultural ultra feminist misandrist defecation p.c. feminine "culture" is being showed down our throats in Canada leaving a lot of males a little room for maneuvering to survive and soar in this society keeping in mind men's normal instincts and desires making them frustrated and some damaged. Basically, there's a good chance that living in Canada will be killing one's normal male instincts. But women are unusually elevated here compared to the rest of the world (including other "developed" countries as well) and it's good for them.

When I first traveled to California a lot of years ago after living my all life in a rough masculine culture, I thought USA will be the 1st country where genders will disappear. It seemed to me that a lot of women acted like they wanted to grow a penis and become men and a lot of men surprised me as being unusually feminine. Boy, was I wrong, they've got nothing on Canada! Every major city in this country is basically gay-- just in a different way, be it Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal, let's say, they have just different flavor. I just can't think of more effeminate country in the world with more arrested men overall.

Just referencing your daughter's expected gravitation towards Canada compared to the USA.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:24 PM

455 posts, read 1,132,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmaq32 View Post
If this were the case, new york, boston, chicago, moscow, harbin and toronto would be unpopulated.

What you won't hear is anyone at the immigration office saying that there is a shortage of immigrants due to the cold.

Obviously everyone wants to live in perfect weather, however this is a reality only for the top 1 percent of population.

Anyhow this thread is such a joke, nothing but the opinions of nonsense. Canada's population density is unbelievably low.

Heilongjiang province in china has a population greater than all of canada's and average temperatures much colder than the ones found in toronto with an area the size of the yukon.

This again? When new york, boston, chicago and moscow first became thriving cities in the millions or near. Canada's biggest cities had about 90,000 people.

Canada remained undeveloped for most of the 19th century due to issue revolving around yes the weather and the ability to harvest crops and produce. The US had a boon of immigration in the 19th century, during that same period canada was not nearly as desired a location.

Look up the extreme hardships the settlers out in western canada had to endure in the late 19th century to settle the lands there. Compared to the same period of american western expansion. Only 20th century progress has made it so that these hardships have become much less and now canada is one of the most sough after destinations to immigrate.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:24 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,083,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
In Punjab, they think differently about those who left punjab and went to Canada.
That could be one of the reasons why they left Punjab.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada