Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 12:58 PM

15 posts, read 42,806 times

Advertisements

So, for a mammogram you get a lidocaine or like topical for pain. Lidocaine is a know carcinogen (causes cancer) and so are it'a counterparts. Is this just nuts to anyone else?

Old 02-18-2011, 01:15 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,851,628 times
Not true about getting lidocaine for a mammo. And i've had it for years for surgical procedures and still haven't had cancer - maybe 45 yrs worth.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:19 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
I am not finding any evidence of any carcinogenic effect of Lidocaine in humans.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:59 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,798,125 times
I've never heard of topical anything for mammograms. It wouldn't make any sense to get it. The discomfort of getting a mammogram is the pressure on the INNER structure of the breast, not the outer surface of the skin.

I've had mammograms since I was 35 (had a lump so had to get them started early - it was benign), and no one has EVER recommended lidocaine.

Furthermore, mammograms aren't performed by doctors; they're given by technicians, not at a doctor's office, but at a radiology lab that has the appropriate equipment.

Lastly, lidocaine was shown to have carcinogenic effects when administered DAILY ORAL doses of 150mg per kg of body weight to rats. The dosage itself was 60 times the suggested dosage for clinical use. Daily use is not recommended at all, for any reason. You can see the actual clinical information here:
Lidocaine and Prilocaine Drug Information, Professional

and the information comes from the package insert from 1998.

As you can see from the information page, there is NO carcinogenic effect when administered to rats at lower doses. Also, this is oral administration; which means the rats were forced to drink it. Lidocaine is not typically ingested by humans and is certainly not ingested for the purpose of providing topical anasthesia for mammograms.

Summary: if you're a rat, don't drink a lot of lidocaine on a daily basis. You might get nose cancer.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:47 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,348,336 times
I've never had anything for mammograms.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:58 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,959,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimeson55 View Post
So, for a mammogram you get a lidocaine or like topical for pain. Lidocaine is a know carcinogen (causes cancer) and so are it'a counterparts. Is this just nuts to anyone else?
I have a mammogram every year and have never requested or been offered Lidocaine or any other anesthetic. The discomfort of a mammogram is relative to the hysteria gene. Some people like to make a big deal about everything.

To answer your initial question - are doctors trying to kill people? - How utterly ridiculous. Doctors don't get paid for dead people. It is in their best interest to keep the patient alive as long as possible, since they earn their living caring for the living.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:20 AM

15 posts, read 42,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
I have a mammogram every year and have never requested or been offered Lidocaine or any other anesthetic. The discomfort of a mammogram is relative to the hysteria gene. Some people like to make a big deal about everything.

To answer your initial question - are doctors trying to kill people? - How utterly ridiculous. Doctors don't get paid for dead people. It is in their best interest to keep the patient alive as long as possible, since they earn their living caring for the living.
This is true, they don't paid for dead people but, a cancer patient on average is worth $300,000 and MDs practice a lot of therapies and prescribe medication that causes cancer, as does your dentist unless they are holistic. We assume our Doctors do what is best for us without question, do some research, you will find this is far from true.

I do not know whether this is offered at every provider but lidocain is a non carcinogen on the MSDS and on the FDA website as well as benzocain and many others like it. The math has been done 2cc of these "Medications" is the same as smoking a pack of cigarettes a day for 12.9 years.

Look into Statins like Lipotor and the numerous people on it that now have dementia,Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and muscle pain and worse. Statins are toxic and yet Doctors still pass them out like candy.

It's time we open our eyes and realize there needs to be change and it starts with us asking questions and thinking for our self.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:45 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
heck some are more worried about them killing us with the water we drink.Conspiracy theories abound everywhere it seems.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:30 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Anyone that trusts the medical profession pretty much gets what they deserve these days. They aren't trying to kill anyone just make a buck for themselves, fill an empty hospital bed and keep those drug companies happy and sometimes those things just aren't compatible with the health and well-being of the patient and you could ask my mom but she was prescribed a drug that she should not have been and died as was the finding by three expert medical opinions at the hearing and malpractice insurance doesn't pay out without a fight so, like what do they have to lose? And, the water really is a threat, you'll get plenty of over-the-counter drugs and prescription drugs in your drinking water so distill your drinking water. So, they don't try to kill people, well, usually although I have heard of cases..............

Old 02-21-2011, 04:54 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,959,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimeson55 View Post
This is true, they don't paid for dead people but, a cancer patient on average is worth $300,000 and MDs practice a lot of therapies and prescribe medication that causes cancer, as does your dentist unless they are holistic. We assume our Doctors do what is best for us without question, do some research, you will find this is far from true.

I do not know whether this is offered at every provider but lidocain is a non carcinogen on the MSDS and on the FDA website as well as benzocain and many others like it. The math has been done 2cc of these "Medications" is the same as smoking a pack of cigarettes a day for 12.9 years.

Look into Statins like Lipotor and the numerous people on it that now have dementia,Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and muscle pain and worse. Statins are toxic and yet Doctors still pass them out like candy.

It's time we open our eyes and realize there needs to be change and it starts with us asking questions and thinking for our self.
Lots of short circuits in the tin foil hats...

1. I have never assumed that my doctors know what is best for me. Sorry if you have.

2. That's not all you don't know. I have spoken to several women since your original post and none of them - none - have ever had any type of anesthetic, general or topical, for a mammogram.

3. Dementia and Parkinson's disease predate the production of statins. You could look it up.

I have been treated for a faulty aortic valve which I had as a result of a childhood illness...Fortunately I lived most of my life without incident until it got bad enough to be repaired, for which I had open heart surgery. I did this after asking questions and researching the options (there were two - get it fixed or die.

I have been treated for colon cancer, having lived most of my life without incident until I was diagnosed two years ago. I looked at my options and had surgery. I was given the choice of preventive chemotherapy or taking my chances. After looking into what was offered, I opted to take the chemo. Oral. for six months. And returned to my pre-cancer life and the stage the week following the end of the chemo.

I do what everyone should do - look at the options. But ridiculous statements such as doctors trying to kill people are ill-conceived and inflammatory, as are broad generalizations about "doctors".

4. Do not presume to think for me. I have always asked questions and thought for myself. If you are having difficulties related to your failure to do so in the past, it would be a good idea for you to institute this for yourself.

Your posts condemning the medical profession only reinforces the maxim -
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer