Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 07:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

[quote=nALgirl;23686301]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The worst was people telling me they were sorry I got cancer. Honestly campers, you didn't give it to me. So shut the hell up already. I know they were well meaning about it.

Please help me. What should well meaning people say? I'm being totally serious....it is hard to know what to say when someone you care about has cancer.
say what comes to your mind. I don't think anyone has said to my husband, sorry but they have given advise, asked how he is doing, etc. It has helped him get through the radiation and surgeries. Now, after today, the massive radiation ends and he has just 7 or 8 treatments where they will pin point the one nodular that is involved..He will take a break at the end of next week and wait for the decision on the prostate treatments. We see the urologists the first part of next month, then we take off for Vegas for 9 days. When we get back he will probably start 8 weeks of radiation..

Everyone handles desease in a different way, but I think just showing you do care is the important thing, not so much what you say or how you say it. Showing and being caring is not the same as sympathy and if it is, what is wrong with that? I do think it is up to the patient to decide how much they want to discuss about thier treatments and condition.

Nita

Last edited by nmnita; 04-03-2012 at 07:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer