Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 04:09 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times

Advertisements

i suppose the low grade fevers and the fact that they go down means maybe the body is fighting off an infection or virus?

normally upon waking my temp is between 96 and 97.5

the past few mornings i started at 98-98.6. does this mean it's elevated?

sorry but im tense over tomorrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 07:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
i suppose the low grade fevers and the fact that they go down means maybe the body is fighting off an infection or virus?

normally upon waking my temp is between 96 and 97.5

the past few mornings i started at 98-98.6. does this mean it's elevated?

sorry but im tense over tomorrow
well tomorrow is now today and we are all anxious to hear what the doctor had to say. I have always heard, from medical professionals; as long as your temp is below 99, regardless as to what it normally runs you do not have a fever.. I hope you got throught last night without stressing too much.

Nita

Old 08-23-2012, 03:01 PM

no cancer cells were found in any of the lymph nodes. im very lucky to have caught this so early. one of the incision sites is collecting a lot of fluid so they drained it and sent it to be cultured. if infected they will put me on antibiotics. i don't feel like i will get a fever tonight i feel much better. thanks for your listening all of you!!

Old 08-23-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
no cancer cells were found in any of the lymph nodes. im very lucky to have caught this so early. one of the incision sites is collecting a lot of fluid so they drained it and sent it to be cultured. if infected they will put me on antibiotics. i don't feel like i will get a fever tonight i feel much better. thanks for your listening all of you!!
We are hear to listen and share. Good report, now relax and go back to enjoying life and stop worrying...Life is too short to dwell on the negatives...

Old 09-06-2012, 01:56 PM

i saw the surgeon for follow up today. he said the axillary wounds are healing well and that i will be meeting with one of the oncologists next week as i will now be in a "surveillance mode". although the biopsies of all lymph nodes tested negative for cancer cells, he said the oncologist will run some more tests and possibly (not definite tho) discuss chemotherapy with me because the penetration of the malignancy was somewhat deep and thick

is it possible that a patient with no cancer cells in the lymph nodes can still receive chemo? does this happen?

Old 09-06-2012, 04:45 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
The oncologist will have more information. They might run blood tests to test for antibodies. That might be the deciding factor. The oncologist might suggest chemo as an adjunct.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:50 PM

sounds good sd 4020, sounds good

Old 09-06-2012, 06:10 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
sounds good sd 4020, sounds good

sounds like you got good news. The rest will probably be annoying but necessary follow-ups. Hang in there!!

Old 09-09-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
i saw the surgeon for follow up today. he said the axillary wounds are healing well and that i will be meeting with one of the oncologists next week as i will now be in a "surveillance mode". although the biopsies of all lymph nodes tested negative for cancer cells, he said the oncologist will run some more tests and possibly (not definite tho) discuss chemotherapy with me because the penetration of the malignancy was somewhat deep and thick

is it possible that a patient with no cancer cells in the lymph nodes can still receive chemo? does this happen?
sounds like you have a very caucious doctor that really believes in follow up. That is good news. I am sure you will be fine, I do know all any of us can do is follow the advise of our doctors. Keep us posted.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:45 PM

the oncologist initially(before she read the pathology reports) spoke of a treatment called yervoy, which is a new immunology treatment introduced last year. but after reading the reports she felt i didn't need it. instead i will have quarterly petscans for 2 years and quarterly visits to the dermatologist for life. tho the pathology reports showed no cancer cells, the size and thickness of the tumor was a concern which is why i need the petscans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer