Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 01:20 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,474,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
the urge to quit is very strong. the guy was right--gotta at least try. i didn't expect the valium to get rid of the nausea because it says to take with food if it causes stomach upset--but i was lucky it worked so well.

let me ask you guys something, i have one valium tab left. i wouldn't mind using it for the dentist (gum treatment) which i have repeatedly walked away from.

should i just go ahead and take it for the dentist and stop being so much of a goodie goodie by asking the docs if it's Ok to take and then simply ask the cancer center for a new valium prescription in 3 months for the next procedure?

what do you think?

or would this be abusing the cancer center since they wrote me the prescription for the petscan which is only cancer related?
I have been reading this thread. I have gum disease and that isn't fun, so if I were you I would take it for your dental appointment. I can certainly relate to cancelling appointments. I did not go to the doctor and have a pap smear for 2 years despite serious bleeding. When I finally did I found out I had uterine cancer. I was very lucky and they were able to remove it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 07:02 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,675,618 times
i had a tooth refilled and a cleaning and partial gum treatment prior to my cancer surgery. i just gotta return for the other 3 quadrants and then im done.my point is i don't always get anxiety attacks at the dentist as i had 3 things done successfully so far this year but the attacks seem to have a mind of their own

Old 10-13-2012, 04:47 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times
Oh go ahead and take it for the dentist exam. I doubt your oncologist would care. I know mine wouldn't.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:49 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times
Oh and so happy you got your PET scan done!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer