Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 04:50 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,154,951 times

Advertisements

I have no idea of information of this kind is available in this form in the US but I thought it was a good idea. I hope some of you find this article interesting.

BBC News - Suzanne McTurk helps launch beauty guide for cancer patients
Quote:
For cancer patients and survivors, being able to feel good about how they look can help to ease the emotional impact of the illness.
That was the message from the Cancer Focus Northern Ireland charity as it launched a new guide for patients on how to manage the effects of cancer treatment on their appearance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 11:42 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,346,945 times
There is a cancer center in Alamogordo, NM where I had my treatments. They also had a building that offered information, prosthesis, wigs, scarves and hats.
They also offered a one time makeup party where they give you makeup and show you how to use it. Like a Mary Kay party.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:47 AM

178 posts, read 355,601 times
I think every cancer centre should take this initiative! most of the people especially girls avoid chemo therapies or are frightened to go through the chemo therapies because they afraid of this fact that their hair will all fallen down and they wont look as beautiful as they look now! this type of initiative, if adopted by all the cancer health care centres, will motivate cancer patients to take treatment without any fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer