Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 07:56 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,768,238 times

Advertisements

6 years since chemo. At first it was places, the first followup appointment, I was sick to my stomach. Like stop the car I need to vomit sick. That got better in time. I was able to walk into the new chemo room after their remodel and say hello to the nurses. It also had an uncomfortable visit to my parents place the first time post chemo.

Smells sometimes bring back memories, even those memories are just memories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 11:03 AM

1,609 posts, read 4,687,110 times
I have chemo effects now after 12 years I took interferon for 10 months.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:09 AM

26,720 posts, read 26,793,862 times
I've had only two cycles (out of six total) but the memory of the first cycle and the experience of uncontrollable chills/shaking during that treatment came back to me the other night. It was awful; I thought it was a nightmare. It seems as if one's senses are on hyper-alert for even the slightest memory surrounding a negative physical effect of chemotherapy.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:15 AM

1 posts, read 938 times
Default Chemo flashback

It's been 6 years since chemo and everything was fine until I came down with a flu that was just like the killer flu I had while on Chemo - this flu knocked my socks in - fatigue for a week. Chills sweats fever but then my hands and feet became numb just like from the Chemo - so many feelings as the same - no taste ect ect ect - I suddenly realized this was a chemo flashback even tho I never heard of such a thing but I don't think I'm alone - I just think they don't want to advertise such a side effect.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:05 AM

1 posts, read 440 times
Default chemo flashback from AC in my car

Hello, writing from Europe. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who experiences chemo flashback from AC in their car! I swear I thought I was going mad. The AC gives me this weird almost tingling feeling on my skin, which instantly tightens my throat and makes me wanna throw up. Wanna ask you, if you used Cold cap to prevent hair loss during your treatment. I kinda figured, that maybe that is what my body now remembers, but maybe if you didn't have Cold cap, it could simply be the hospital's AC. Let me know please, if you still have problem with it and how long after chemo are you. I'm just a month past, but already can imagine, that I'll suffer with it for a while. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer