Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 01:42 AM

178 posts, read 355,343 times

Advertisements

During chemo sessions the Cancer patient's skin gets affected too. as she is a girl I think cosmetics will be a good option. skin care soap, lotions, cream, make up kit or any other particular skin related product would be a nice gift. also meals or food which help to give her energy will be good, like fruits, vegetables or even cooked meals would work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 11:43 AM

50,351 posts, read 63,939,201 times
Manybe a mani/pedi? I went through chemo, which tends to make you feel like s**t, and it cheered me up to have pretty toes.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 949 times
Default What helped me on the road to recovery

What helped me the most was having a cancer planner. A journal for everything from keeping track of medicine and appointments to how I felt during chemo. The journal kept me going on the road to recovery. [mod] need at least 10 other posts to make specific recommendations [/mod]

You are so strong, sending wishes your way and you can overcome this if you stay on the path to recovery.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-29-2013 at 10:01 PM..

Old 01-03-2014, 11:29 PM

8 posts, read 11,787 times
A great CSA subscription of organic vegetables with home delivery and (depending on the cancer) a bottle of resveratrol which, of course, should be discussed with the patient's doctor before using. It's the "good stuff" in red wine believed to slow/reduce/eliminate certain types of cancer growth. And maybe some medical marijuana.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:00 AM

863 posts, read 1,196,053 times
Personally, I'd get her a bag of good weed, a vaporizer and a MJ cookbook. The edibles will help with pain and the vaporizer will help with the nausea. If you can get her raw cannabis, even better. There is a lot of promise as to what juiced cannabis can do to help cancer. It's one of the closest things to a cure that you could give.

If you are unable to do that, a kindle would be nice too.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:57 AM

2,756 posts, read 4,411,798 times
A phone call.... every week. To just tell her that you are thinking about her, and wanted to know how she is doing. Just don't say much, and let her vent or cry or say nothing. Always have a little funny story about someone you know, or an anecdote or a memory about her that came back to you or something having nothing to do with her cancer (or you!) to tell her. If you can make her laugh or smile, or simply forget for a few minutes, or vent for a few minutes... you have given her a great gift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer