Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 06:19 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
I do not SEND it to anyone. I have offered it to a few, including you. I offered you a link to it as a way of trying offer support to you. You accepted it yourself, downloaded it yourself, read it yourself, obviously didn't like it and are now almost a year later have chosen to share that dislike with everyone with hopes of embarrassing me. Well, I'm not embarrassed at all. There is no embarrassment in trying to be one who helps, supports and encourages others. In fact, even in the face of your negativism, I'm glad I offered to share it with you.

And as long as I've mentioned it, if anyone is interested in the writing that mvintar has so artfully panned, feel free to ask me for the link in a direct message and I'll send it along to you.
I'll vouch that it's great and appreciated! Charley, you know that your views don't necessarily fit into my worldview, but I very much appreciate what you have to offer and your constant positivity despite very difficult circumstances.

You are also about the last person to hold a grudge over anything - especially on the internet. What's up next on the projector screen?

Old 01-14-2013, 06:35 AM

915 posts, read 2,128,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
What will this be, your 4th, 5th, 6th thread closed because you copped an attitude and got offended when you were called on it?

We all go through struggles on this forum. Some more than others. We all have the right to be negative sometimes, we're dealing with cancer and all of it's side effects. But no one else on this forum, for all of our bad days, steroid aggression, and terror filled nights, comes here and whines incessantly and then gets angry when their negativity is pointed out. No one.

You ask chele, who has been nothing but honest, to "Not take her illness out on you", but you take your illness out on all of us. Your cancer has a 90% cure rate after 5 years - 90%. Yes, it's scary to worry about being in that 10%, but there are people here with active cancer, relapses, metastasis, relapse scares, and frankly, a whole lot worse of a chance than you. Calm down. The morbid "I'm just going to stop chemo, I can't go on!" talk needs to go elsewhere - we are done with it here.

You need to address why you feel the need to put other people down who from day 1 have only tried to help you.
You tell me I'm whining, then accuse me of putting people down??

Old 01-14-2013, 06:44 AM

915 posts, read 2,128,420 times
That's what this is really about, isn't it--that my cancer is so much less serious. And if I express any concerns at all, I'm "whining." Unless I'm mistaken, accusing someone who is ill of "whining" (however much less ill they may be than oneself) is a personal attack and a violation of the TOS. This is about the fifth time I've heard this "whining" accusation.

Nice little clique you guys have here.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:04 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
This thread has gone nowhere and is closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:02 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvintar View Post
My helper just took me shopping and her father has the same symptoms and it's a hernia, so hopefully that's what it is.
I haven't read the rest of the replies but I am sure it is a hernia...My husband has had 3 or 4 removed and now has 2 from his last cancer surgery that was so involved. The doctors aren't even bothering with them. Except for them looking a little strange the kind he has will never cause any problems.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:47 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,849,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvintar View Post
What you're saying is an implied criticism, and I don't think it's appropriate. It's certainly not helpful. For one thing, I am not able to physically challenge myself in the way you and others do. You're telling me how to think, how to react to my disease. Did it appear that I was asking for advice? How can you presume to judge my whole life, based on posts in a public forum. I'm sorry you're ill but don't take it out on me!
Implied criticism? I offer encouragement, suggestions to get the most out of whatever time you have left and you accuse me of implied criticism? I get that you have other health issues. You've made that clear. You've also mentioned other things you find joy in. Immerse yourself in what you enjoy. Find your own way out of the evil mind screwing that cancer is, because clearly I am unable to understand your point of view therefore I am unable to offer you any insight to living with, or after, cancer.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:15 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,849,045 times
My apologies SouthernBelle, I didn't realize this topic was closed.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:05 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,811,151 times
I keep closing it but it is somehow opened again. On my phone so I can't check more.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer