Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2013, 05:31 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,155,125 times

Advertisements

Anyone here heard of this as an early symptom of cancer in the internal organs? ie., lungs, liver, digestive tract-- It's the odd sensation of a periodic sensation of heat coming up into the esophagus and/or "windpipe"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 06:17 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Depends on the cancer, it depends on where that cancer might be. There is no real blanket answer.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:22 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Bodies are strange. What you are describing could be an early symptom of cancer, or a very late symptom of cancer (in my case, it was this weird pressure sensation that turned out to be a grapefruit sized mass in my chest) - but it could also be gas, fibromyalgia, or a whole host of other things. My rule is that if something feels wrong for more than 2 weeks, go see a doctor. It's very unlikely to be cancer, but you should investigate what it might be.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:26 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Could also be GERD.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:43 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Every cancer is different, every person is different. Some people notice nothing different and then are shocked to hear they have cancer, others have symptoms that can be easily overlooked, and still others have very distinct serious signs. If you are feeling a hot acid like fluid coming up into your through you may have acid reflux. I think it is important for people to know how their bodies feel so if anything doesn't feel normal they can go to the doctor and explain clearly how they feel.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:30 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
That does sound like reflux/GERD. Mine presented with the same thing you have plus tachycardia, and it was successfully controlled for years with OTC stuff and then I started have spasms that prevented me from swallowing and caused severe cramping in the middle of my chest. Now I have another pill for that. Listen to your body and check things out but don't fret. I've ALWAYS assumed I have some weird internal cancer because of odd pains and sensations but whenever it gets checked, as when I've have surgery (hysterectomy) or get tests done (endoscopy, colonoscopy, barium swallows, etc.) they always come up clean.

Ironically, when I went to the dermatologist to refill a prescription for a spot of eczema ( I've had a severe case since birth) they discovered it was actually a melanoma, which I just had removed. I never thought about skin cancer since I've been dealing with skin rashes and sensitivity my entire life and just assumed it was same ol' same ol'. Funny how that happens, I could have easily let that go for years but it was in a highly visible place and I just started a new job and didn't want my weird rashes showing.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:11 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,155,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
That does sound like reflux/GERD. Mine presented with the same thing you have plus tachycardia, and it was successfully controlled for years with OTC stuff and then I started have spasms that prevented me from swallowing and caused severe cramping in the middle of my chest. Now I have another pill for that. Listen to your body and check things out but don't fret. I've ALWAYS assumed I have some weird internal cancer because of odd pains and sensations but whenever it gets checked, as when I've have surgery (hysterectomy) or get tests done (endoscopy, colonoscopy, barium swallows, etc.) they always come up clean.

Ironically, when I went to the dermatologist to refill a prescription for a spot of eczema ( I've had a severe case since birth) they discovered it was actually a melanoma, which I just had removed. I never thought about skin cancer since I've been dealing with skin rashes and sensitivity my entire life and just assumed it was same ol' same ol'. Funny how that happens, I could have easily let that go for years but it was in a highly visible place and I just started a new job and didn't want my weird rashes showing.
You have those nasty spasms, too? Do you know what triggers your's?
I was diagnosed with GERD years ago although no acid seems to come up. I think my problem is more esophageal spasms which many people have. Have had endoscopies and barium swallows--swallow last week looked good. Ompeprazole helps but still have nasty flare ups requiring the old GI cocktail of liquid antacid and viscous lidocaine . Because my father died from stomach cancer, I monitor things closely--however the sensation of heat is new--and one thing he complained of at the end. What really concerns me right now is the weight loss--trying to get my internist to find out why. We need to be so proactive these days.

Good they diagnosed your melanoma and removed it!

Old 05-06-2013, 01:31 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
When in doubt see a doctor but too many of us, I think, worry too much about discomforts. I think we all need to play this by ear: if we have symptoms that just will not go away, at least discuss it with tour primary doctor, but remember the majority of time the cause is anything but cancer.

Nita

Old 10-09-2014, 09:45 AM

13 posts, read 16,649 times
Upper back pain or shooting chest pains are what my friend had before being diagnosed with lung cancer ( he never smoked ) Any unusual soreness in throat or tongue should be looked at by your doctor.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviamia View Post
Upper back pain or shooting chest pains are what my friend had before being diagnosed with lung cancer ( he never smoked ) Any unusual soreness in throat or tongue should be looked at by your doctor.
Did you happen to see the date on this thread? It is almost a year and 1/2 ago. I bet the Op has either seen her doctor by now or her symptoms are long gone. I think we all respond from time to time to outdated threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer