Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 02:00 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,809,487 times

Advertisements

I have a girlfriend who had a little boil-like lump on the back of her neck just under her hairline. It wasn't until she got her longer hair cut that it became more noticeable and start bothering her, so I'm not sure how much time elapsed between when it appeared and when she had it removed and biopsed. It turned out to be follicular lymphoma. She went for regular follow-ups with her oncologist and for blood tests to keep an eye on it. Then another smaller one reappeared as well as another really tiny one on the other side of her neck.

She told us when she was having them checked but never said another word until next thing we knew, she was having a biopsy of the lymph nodes in her stomach area and having a port put in to make drawing blood easier.

A short time after that, she told us that she was joining some trial at the hospital and was going to be given some chemo drugs that are generally used to treat leukemia. Now she's in the process of undergoing six cycles of chemo and then another four of maintenance.

That is an awful lot to go through because of one little lump on your neck!

I post this for two reasons:

1) I'm curious as to if anyone else on City-Data has or has had this type of cancer, and

2) To encourage anyone who has a minor little annoyance like my friend had to get it check out sooner rather than later. It could just safe your life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer