Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 01:13 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Is there anyway she can come here for therapy? Pancreatic cancer is not the best one to have, and how extensive the tumor is will depend on if they do surgery or not.
It appears OP hasn't posted in over 2 months. Or maybe I am just missing it somewhere.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:14 AM

42 posts, read 69,318 times
Hi everyone...
I apologize for not posting updates on my mother's condition and our fight against her cancer. I went to Serbia and spent a month with her. Watching her fading away every day was devastating.

Unfortunately, my Mom passed away on Monday. Her condition deteriorated rapidly in the last 7 days. Water started building in her lungs and she had extreme difficulties breathing, legs got swollen and she completely lost mobility. Food intake got reduced almost to zero.

I came back into US 3 weeks before her death. I couldn't watch her die. I didn't want to remember her like that and she also wanted me to leave. I will always remember that last hug. She got up, walked me out even if was cold windy and raining. Remember feeling how skinny and weak she was. That last hug will be always with me. She was everything to me. Our last conversation happened few hours before the end. I told her how wonderful mother she is, thanked her for everything told her how much I love her... And that was our goodbye.

She had a hard life, and last few years everything changed positively for her. She lived to see my wedding and to be a grandma (my Sister died 20 years ago in the car accident... she was 16 years old. And I become the only child). Our wedding is scheduled for February next year. She came so close to one of the most important life goals and cancer took her away. She was not ready to go. Until last moment she wanted to live and never accepted inevitable outcome.
My heart is broken, It's hard when you lose the last member of your immediate family.

Rest in peace Mom... I will love you forever.

Old 06-27-2014, 04:23 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,849,553 times
I am so sorry for your loss.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:53 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
So sorry to hear this. May you find peace and strength in your loss.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:51 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
So sorry for your loss. When my mother died, I thought of her a lot. Over time, I adjusted and now only think of her once or twice a day. ((hugs))

Old 06-28-2014, 04:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 900rr View Post
Hi everyone...
I apologize for not posting updates on my mother's condition and our fight against her cancer. I went to Serbia and spent a month with her. Watching her fading away every day was devastating.

Unfortunately, my Mom passed away on Monday. Her condition deteriorated rapidly in the last 7 days. Water started building in her lungs and she had extreme difficulties breathing, legs got swollen and she completely lost mobility. Food intake got reduced almost to zero.

I came back into US 3 weeks before her death. I couldn't watch her die. I didn't want to remember her like that and she also wanted me to leave. I will always remember that last hug. She got up, walked me out even if was cold windy and raining. Remember feeling how skinny and weak she was. That last hug will be always with me. She was everything to me. Our last conversation happened few hours before the end. I told her how wonderful mother she is, thanked her for everything told her how much I love her... And that was our goodbye.

She had a hard life, and last few years everything changed positively for her. She lived to see my wedding and to be a grandma (my Sister died 20 years ago in the car accident... she was 16 years old. And I become the only child). Our wedding is scheduled for February next year. She came so close to one of the most important life goals and cancer took her away. She was not ready to go. Until last moment she wanted to live and never accepted inevitable outcome.
My heart is broken, It's hard when you lose the last member of your immediate family.

Tears just filled my eyes reading this. I am so sorry, but the only thing that can be said and I am sure you have heard it too many times: she is no longer suffering. Pancreatic cancer is the worst, I think there is.

God bless your family and God Bless your mom and your memory of her. Yes, she will live in your heart for ever.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:16 AM

42 posts, read 69,318 times
Thank you all...

Old 07-06-2014, 07:47 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
just saw your sad news........so sorry and cyber hugs to you.
She was a lovely lady and thank you for sharing a photo of her.
Remember the good times and think of her now as a healthy soul surrounded by eternal love.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:34 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 900rr View Post
Hi everyone...

I'm sorry to hear of this. Blessings to both you and your mom - may great peace be upon you both. A beautiful mom indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer