Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2015, 07:53 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,285,522 times

Advertisements

Yesterday, I went in for my regularly scheduled yearly mammogram.

Today, I was called at 8:30 am and asked to come in for another mammogram, due to calcifications. "Be here at 10:45."

"Nothing to worry about," the nurse said, "just want to take a better look." So why the urgency of getting in today?

I go in at 10:45, have the repeat mammogram. Then I have to see the doctor, who is very nice and informative. She is concerned about the calcification patterns in my right breast. She suggests a biopsy.

I say OK, thinking today is Friday, I ask "sometime next week?" The doctor responds, "how about now."

Next thing I know I am being prepped for a large core needle biopsy.

They take multiple films, they talk a lot, they point a lot, and it hurts like the devil and bleeds a lot.

The doctor is very apologetic that she cannot get me results until Monday or Tuesday.

So, what is with all the urgency. Why the "now?" Should I be concerned? I don't want to overthink this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 11:26 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,627,836 times
It would be pointless to say relax as I know I could not. But, try.

Have you heard anything ? My thoughts for good news go out to you and prayers for you to have strength to deal with whatever comes of this.

Good luck.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:55 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
Why not now? It's probably nothing, but if it's something would you have wanted it to have more time to grow and potentially spread? I find that if an oncologist can take you earlier, they will regardless of what the case may be.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:32 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,285,522 times
Thank you all. I had a benign cyst removed Monday. I am thankful that the doctors were aggressive in identifying the problem

Thanks for your replies.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:49 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
So glad to hear your good news! Hope you're treating yourself after the scare.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:02 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey teach View Post
Thank you all. I had a benign cyst removed Monday. I am thankful that the doctors were aggressive in identifying the problem

Thanks for your replies.
Great news: I was thinking, I have calcium deposits and when I change doctors even with old records, the always do a second mammogram or make me come back in 3 to 6 months. Luckily I haven't had any returns for quite a few years. I have had the same doctors for 8 years.

I know how you feel and you certainly did the right thing. My husband, who is a cancer survivor had his annual body scan about 3 months ago. A few questionable masses showed up. The oncolist said not to worrry but also mentioned if we felt better we might want to have a biopsy or have them removed. Hubby choose removal as the surgeon said they were very deep and would be hard to just biopsy in his office.

Long story short, they were not deep as it turned out, but he did have them removed. 2 days later results; all benign. We are so relieved and glad he choose to have them removed.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:44 AM

128 posts, read 207,659 times
Great News!
I wasn't so lucky. But they caught mine early. I only needed a lumpectomy and 6 weeks of radiation. Now I am on 10 years of tamoxifen. Keep your appointments and yearly mammograms. I began mine at the age of 30, due to my father's breast cancer, and was diagnosed at 42.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer