Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2015, 02:58 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,846,338 times

Advertisements

Both my mother and grandmother died of cancer.

My husband has been a cancer patient since 2003 with 3 recurrences. It is a miracle he is still alive although he has zero quality of life, he is still a fighter.

Now my best friend's husband isn't expected to live until Christmas. We have been commiserating about caring for our cancer patient husbands for a while. Her hubby has been in rehab for a months and just yesterday the doctor said it was time for hospice. She just lost her mom 6 months ago.

I am so sick of this crap!

Sorry for the rant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 03:13 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,364,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
Both my mother and grandmother died of cancer.

My husband has been a cancer patient since 2003 with 3 recurrences. It is a miracle he is still alive although he has zero quality of life, he is still a fighter.

Now my best friend's husband isn't expected to live until Christmas. We have been commiserating about caring for our cancer patient husbands for a while. Her hubby has been in rehab for a months and just yesterday the doctor said it was time for hospice. She just lost her mom 6 months ago.

I am so sick of this crap!

Sorry for the rant.

Man, maggie2101, that's really rough. Sadly, I can relate.

There are no words!

Old 11-05-2015, 03:20 PM

20,998 posts, read 28,573,198 times
Just found out my Husband's co-worker passed away last night from Pancreatic cancer. He was diagnosed in January of 2014 and had treatments. He was the head mechanic at my husband's job and started deteriorating 2 months ago. Last week they drained fluid from his legs. I never met the man but I can sympathize because my dad died from this in 2004 at age 57. He opted for no treatment because when he was diagnosed it was at stage 4 and he died 2 months later. Seems to me that between the ages of 50 and 60 is when most people either get diagnosed or die form pancreatic cancer. This man was 58. I wish we could wipe out cancer all together. We all need to pray for one another. My prayers are with you Maggie2101.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:42 PM

6,898 posts, read 22,586,427 times
I lost my husband this summer. Diagnosed with a tumor on his kidney that had spread to his lung on 7/2 he died 20 days later. He being a lifelong smoker, I expected this; he did not apparently. His Mother and Father between them, died of 3 different cancers. His Mother smoked; his Father did not.

I'll be praying for you maggie2101

Old 11-11-2015, 06:20 PM

I talked to my friend today. She says she is unable to visit her husband for longer than 10 minutes because it tears her apart. He is never fully awake, doesn't speak, just moans and cringes.

So sad.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:50 PM

10,117 posts, read 19,463,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I lost my husband this summer. Diagnosed with a tumor on his kidney that had spread to his lung on 7/2 he died 20 days later. He being a lifelong smoker, I expected this; he did not apparently. His Mother and Father between them, died of 3 different cancers. His Mother smoked; his Father did not.

I'll be praying for you maggie2101

I am so sorry for your loss. Please don't blame the smoking too much. Just this summer, Aug 25, my DH was dx with the same thing. They found a tumor on his kidney which turned out to be cancer. DH and I have never smoked, although his parents did. There's just no way of knowing what causes cancer. It doesn't help to blame the patient's lifestyle.

We were so fortunate DH tumor was DX in the early stages. He had the tumor removed and it hasn't spread, so, for at least now, he's cancer-free. Its a wake-up call for us, to count or blessings.....all of us!

Old 11-20-2015, 10:45 PM

My friend's husband passed away last night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer