Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2008, 07:27 PM

438 posts, read 1,731,088 times

Advertisements

Great news on the scans! Lots of prayers coming your way.

Dea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 08:52 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
Thanks for the update, Roma. I've been checking back a lot to hear how you are doing. I will keep everything crossed that your MRI will come back ok and you can have the lumpectomy only. Sending you all the best wishes, good thoughts and hugs
Katz

forum rules, please read them

Old 04-03-2008, 09:26 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,010 times
Hi everyone!

The MRI was done and there is another area of interest the Doctor said. He said he will try and remove it or something like that during surgery to clear all my margins from the last surgery. We are going ahead with the lumpectomey and removing some lymph nodes under my arm at the same time, to make sure that the cancer hasn't spread.

I go tomorrow (Friday) for the surgery. I'm scarred because I still won't know when I wake up after the surgery if the cancer has spread or not. I hope I don't have tubes either after the surgery. My doctor won't know if I will need tubes or not until he is actually in there removing the nodes. They are going to inject me with ink to help them find the main node.

Please pray that the cancer hasn't spread (and there are no tubes when I wake up!!!!) If that is the case then I will be a happy girl. I will then need radiation and then I will be put on Tamoxifen for 5 years.

Thanks!

Old 04-03-2008, 10:03 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
Roma,
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and hope the cancer hasn't spread!!! I think a lot of people here will be thinking of you and sending positive vibes, love and hugs. Hang in there, I hope the worst is over for you!!!!!

forum rules, please read them

Old 04-03-2008, 10:47 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,196 times
Roma,
You are in my prayers, and I will say extra prayers all through the day tomorrow while you are having your surgery!!

Bette

Old 04-03-2008, 11:48 AM

72,416 posts, read 18,202,018 times
Roma,you are in my prayers,Sending you good wishes.Stay strong!

Old 04-03-2008, 11:56 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,898,795 times
Roma - keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Hang in there!

Old 04-03-2008, 08:11 PM

438 posts, read 1,731,088 times
Here's hoping for clear margins! Also hoping the sentinel node is the only one they remove. For what it's worth, although the thought of the drain tubes is gross, they aren't as bad as they sound. Of course, that's coming from a wimp who made her husband empty the drains for her

As for radiation, just remember to use the burn creams they recommend and do everything and more to protect your skin. I followed the instructions exactly and had smooth sailing. It is surprising how tired radiation makes you though. I thought once chemo was over that my energy level would improve but radiation made me very tired and the radiation oncologist told me that's normal.

Tamoxifen - menopause symptoms (night sweats, hot flushes, etc) are possible side effects. The peace of mind it gave me was worth it and my side effects lessened considerably after a couple months.

Extra prayers and lots of virtual hugs coming your way! You will discover you have strength you never imagined.

Dea

Old 04-03-2008, 08:28 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times
Thumbs up Praying for you Roma and your surgery on Friday

Know that WE are surrounding you with prayer and wishing for the BEST possible outcome and quick healing !!

Hugs and blessings,

~HDL~

Old 04-03-2008, 08:41 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
Know that WE are surrounding you with prayer and wishing for the BEST possible outcome and quick healing !!

Hugs and blessings,

~HDL~
Yes I second this! I am lifting you up in prayer right now. Hugs and love to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer