Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 07:30 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times

Advertisements

Is there a company that specializes in Multi-Car or Blanket coverage... currently have progressive full coverage on all and paying about 220 a month for all 5 vehicles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2019, 06:56 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
We have 4 cars 2 people and I would recommend you find a local to you company and go there. I am not a fan of the large companies like Progressive that bend over backwards to get your business and then are slow to respond to problems and claims.

Choosing a local company gives you a chance to have a face to face chat to express your insurance needs and your agent is only a phone call away.

There are all kinds of discounts that you might qualify for starting with your age, driving habits, record, multi car, and low mileage.

Make a call and see what a local company can do for you.

Old 05-26-2019, 06:50 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,912,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Is there a company that specializes in Multi-Car or Blanket coverage... currently have progressive full coverage on all and paying about 220 a month for all 5 vehicles
2 drivers in the household with 5 vehicles. You already have a multi-car discount. You aren't going to do any better than that unless you take off the plates from the excess vehicles, turn them in to the DMV, and take them off your insurance. That's assuming your state allows title only ownership without registration.

If you do that though, you will NEVER be able to drive the vehicles.

There may be other solutions but I'd need a list of the cars (year, make, model) and what state you live in.

Old 05-28-2019, 09:52 AM

6,562 posts, read 8,400,245 times
Quote:
IMO, that's not a bad rate. We have two cars, two drivers and we pay $120 monthly for full coverage ($250 deductible).

But you should definitely shop around. It certainly doesn't hurt. If you have homeowners insurance, check with that carrier as well as that might get a you little more discount.

You should also consider if you really need full coverage on all 5 vehicles.

Old 05-28-2019, 11:18 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,190,019 times
Depends where you live. In my state, they allow an 'operator's policy', that covers the driver in whatever they drive. Dairyland sells the policy. It's a liability coverage only deal, but, hey- I don't crash into stuff, and a vehicle parked in the garage isn't going to hit anybody either.

I have 11 vehicles registered (and plenty others not) and pay $360/yr.

As a car and bike nut, its safe to say I will never move out of state.

Old 05-28-2019, 11:51 AM

5,675 posts, read 5,890,781 times
Quote:
Thats more than what I pay on 6 with 4 drivers. Ive been with Gieco for a while now, and have never had any problems making a claim, which hasnt been often, maybe twice.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:07 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Depends where you live. In my state, they allow an 'operator's policy', that covers the driver in whatever they drive. Dairyland sells the policy. It's a liability coverage only deal, but, hey- I don't crash into stuff, and a vehicle parked in the garage isn't going to hit anybody either.

I have 11 vehicles registered (and plenty others not) and pay $360/yr.

As a car and bike nut, its safe to say I will never move out of state.
that won't work, as it covers vehicles that you don't own...

Old 06-07-2019, 09:46 AM

311 posts, read 194,688 times
I concur. The Dairyland policy is for non-owned autos. Typically, this policy is for people who need an SR22 to get their license back/keep their license but who do not have a car at the moment.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
that won't work, as it covers vehicles that you don't own...
Unless you are some kind of Dairyland Executive that know something I don't, you are completely wrong. I've had this policy for over 30 years, and I guarantee you it covers me in every vehicle I own* and me in everything I operate that I don't.

The state accepts it, the cops accept it and by god Bob Dole and The American People accept it! Seriously, don't tell me what you think about stuff I've been doing for longer than you've probably been alive.

*as long as I'm driving it. It is an 'Operator Policy'. Funny name, huh?

Old 06-12-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zosimus View Post
I concur. The Dairyland policy is for non-owned autos. Typically, this policy is for people who need an SR22 to get their license back/keep their license but who do not have a car at the moment.
No. See above. It is for people or households that more vehicles than licensed drivers. Again. Over 30 years. Over 30 vehicles in that time. 11 currently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance