Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2013, 11:01 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,216,684 times

Advertisements

Sweet dreams to you our precious Cyn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 11:32 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,289,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I just flat out don't understand E-Bay. The most I know about them is cases of consumer fraud before Judge Judy. It all seems shady and shaky to me. I hate to say it...but I would never buy anything off E-Bay. Unless I knew the seller.
Hey Big E! I just want to say I am SHOCKED.......SHOCKED I SAY!
http://www.nonstick.com/sounds/Fogho...n/ltfl_048.mp3

Never would of thought that you would even know who Judge Judy is!

You know I am being facetious! I am so glad that Cyn has a friend like you, who cares so very much and looks out for her!

Cyn - I don't know anything about what it means/takes to be a "seller" on Ebay. What about "Etsy"? Of course - I don't know anything about that either. WELL - you might ask yourself....Hmmm what DOES Kats know? Um.....not a damn thing - except that Kats cares so very much for you and DH! (And that she sometimes refers to herself in the third person!)

Hugs!!!

Old 05-15-2013, 11:37 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,289,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I'm making a dish Kats emailed me yesterday for dinner and am looking forward to trying it.
I have an idea that would make that recipe even easier for you. I have been thinking about it, and instead of making a roux, I can tell you a "cheat" to that!

Old 05-16-2013, 05:14 AM

48,121 posts, read 21,999,038 times
Good Morning cyn and friends. I hope that the recipe comes out good! Good Luck.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:29 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Good morning cyn!!

What recipe did kat send you? I love recipes

Sorry to hear about the e-bay troubles. Do you use Photobucket? I can resize "before" I add a picture somewhere but not after it is posted. How many pictures do you already have online?

Mike likes e-bay and wanted to sell some things. I think the fees are too high.

Hoping you have a good day today

Old 05-16-2013, 06:32 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,039 times

Have a great day.

I know those things can be frustrating and a pain to deal with but hang in........

Hi lisa, Kats, cyn, elston, NMS and sudcaro

Old 05-16-2013, 06:32 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
cyn, haven't posted here in a bit but do think about you.

Thought about you quite a bit today and wondered if you had ever read this book?

Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson: Mitch Albom: 9780385484510: Amazon.com: Books

I hope I'm allowed to link that. In case it gets deleted, it's called:

"Tuesdays With Morrie"

Find it on Amazon.

Morrie has ALS as well, (or did), but the main point is what Morrie taught the young man who viewed him as a mentor when he was in college 20 years earlier. In fact, I think everyone would benefit from reading this.

Ok, that's all. Back to the grind.
I just finished this book last night. Morrie had an amazing spirit and a lot can be learned from his point of view.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:10 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Good morning, all.

It's a beautiful morning here, but we're about to get the humidity back. Let's hope we still have a few cooler days left before we get slammed by summer.

Cyn, I'm so happy to hear you got some much needed rest and that hubby's doctor is pleased with his progress. Grab every ray of sunshine you can. You deserve it.

We're getting ready to go to BJ's, so I'm off to say hello in a couple other threads.

Take care, everybody.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:23 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
Good morning everyone!
Looks like my pictures are going to be ok because I have plenty of pixels already--YL asked how many pictures we have up there now and it's over a 1,000. Yep, and I've deleted a lot of the pictures in my folders in my computer as I didn't see why I should take up that space. Hopefully now they won't decide change something else because I'd have to take all new pictures and relist everything. Think I'd get a pan and stand out front of the store first! Ha!

We are getting some heat here now and looks like the rain is on it's way by the end of the week. That means humidity but it also cools the air off and cleans it so I guess we always seem to get some good with some not so good! It is what it is!

The recipe was pretty good but I think I would like some bell pepper in it--we love bell pepper to spice up everything. DH was able to eat it easily. YL it is a hamburger gravy and you can put it over many things--I made mashed potatoes. Many thanks to my dear friend Kats for sending this to me! I will add this to our regular dinner menus!

Everybody enjoy your day!

Old 05-16-2013, 10:16 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,319,638 times
Good afternoon!

Hopefully there won't be any more issues with Ebay and you'll be able to sell many items!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving