Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:28 PM

7,201 posts, read 15,002,227 times

Advertisements

We stopped at Petco today while we were in town. I spied a dear little blue eyed flame point Siamese kitten in one of the cages. He looked so sad. His brother was adopted yesterday leaving him all alone. He's about 7 weeks old and neutered already.

We went about our business, ran our errands, but he stuck in my mind all day.

After getting home, I went back the 25 miles and got him. Poor little guy hid in terror under the desk in old office. He finally came out and let us play with and pet him. On Monday he goes to the vet for a checkup and tests. I have 10 days to decide if I want to keep him or not. I'll see how he works out with the girls. Right now I'm keeping them separated. No history was known about him and his brother.

I am so smitten with this kitten.

We have not yet named him.

I just peeked in the office again and he's sleeping in his fluffy little bed. Earlier he was playing happily with the ball-in-the-ring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 08:49 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,853,022 times
Sweet little kit! There was a half-grown rescue Siamese at Petsmart that was seriously tempting our 'house limit is two' rule, but we're in the middle of remodeling right now, and I just cant add another cat with all the chaos right now.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:09 AM

387 posts, read 2,131,666 times
Awwwww! Pics please! He sounds precious!

Old 06-12-2010, 02:16 AM

232 posts, read 542,711 times
Awwwww new kitty! Hope it works out, I would love to see pix!

Old 06-12-2010, 03:20 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,172,705 times
Sounds like a mutual bonding to me. If you went back to get him there was a reason that happened.
If he is sleeping comfortably and playing he is already feeling safe around you.
Animals have a way of sensing how people feel about them. Your new little friend likes the vibes he is getting from his new friend.
Kinda makes me think this could be a very long and devoted frienshiip.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:28 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,056,464 times
He sounds sooo cute, can't wait to see pics! Congrats!!

Old 06-12-2010, 05:30 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,427,763 times
Awww...so nice to have gone back to get him! Boy cats are so nice! Pics please!

Old 06-12-2010, 02:52 PM

7,201 posts, read 15,002,227 times
Pics in a day or two.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:45 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,669,610 times
OH! How wonderful!

He is neutered already and only 7 weeks old! Don't get me going here! I will say, please, please, keep in mind that this kitty most likely has been set up for renal problems in his future, due to the much too early neuter! Promise me feed him only MEAT and good quality canned food.

Why do I say these things??? My Karma I adopted at age 7 weeks old and neutered. At only 2 years of age, he blocked and had to have an emergency procedure done to clear out the tubal crystals. AND during the procedure, he coded, because the vet forgot to ask me if he ate that morning and during intubation, he gagged, and his food blocked his airway. Oh what a nightmare this was and I don't want this to happen to this new guy.

Please again! Promise me you will feed him only meat, raw if you can afford it. My heart is up in my throat about this! WHY WHY WHY are they still neutering kittens at way too young ages!

Old 06-12-2010, 05:01 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,853,022 times
The case for early neutering:

Compelling Arguments for Early Spay and Neuter of Cats

Quote:
In the twenty or so years of research that followed, in both the U.S. and Canada, shelter operators and veterinarians were able to dismiss the previous misconceptions one by one. It was found that in cats altered as early as six to twelve weeks, compared to cats neutered at six to twelve months, there was the:
  • Same metabolic rate
  • Same type of growth
  • Same urethral diameter at adulthood
  • Same behavioral patterns.
Quote:
Kittens shed the anesthesia much quicker than the adult cats. In a video comparing neutering surgery at two different ages, fifteen minutes after the surgery the kitten was awake and starting to move around. The one year old cat was still out cold. Within an hour, the kittens were moving around, playing, and eating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats