Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2010, 09:01 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times

Advertisements

After losing my old dog a bit more than a week ago, a neighbor business said they had puppies. It's been years since I actually had a puppy. But he brought them over today and I fell in love with this little guy. His name is Gumby after another of my dogs, who had the same coloration. The cat in the picture is Patches, one of my two boys. The other one went and hid, but anything not familiar he hides, and the girls were stand offish. But Patches is mr lovebug so they caught on right away.

Anyone have tips on making puppy and kitties get over it?

I can't figure out how to post from my pic albums, but if you look at them its the picture with the black and white cat and the puppy that comes up first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 11:07 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times
Awwww, What cutie pie pets you have. The black kitty reminds me of my Molly. The new pup looks very much at home.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:28 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Awwww, What cutie pie pets you have. The black kitty reminds me of my Molly. The new pup looks very much at home.
Furball is now the grandam of the furries, and has the snotty outlook to do it. Patches and Gumby appear already to be friends. Everywhere one is the otherone is and Patches gives him little rubs and gets kisses. My mainecoony/tabby boy is afraid of strange creatures, whatever species and hid all day. Now he's sitting on the upper cabinets watching. He'll eventually decide that the new thing isn't scary but thats just him.

He very much seems to be adapting. He wasn't used to air conditioned house and has taken quite fully to it and discovered where the cool air blows along the floor (for not until it gets installed in the wall). He has brought so much joy in just a day.

The dog lying on the big pillow, Cleo, got very ill suddenly and was put to sleep a bit over a week ago. We all missed her, but even my the cats, who seemed not to pay much attention to her, were very glum. She'd been declining for some time, but this was sudden. I didn't intend to add a pup so soon, but the neighbors had pups and we just sort of bonded. I know she's happy that another happy spirit is here.

I haven't has a puppy for a long long time, but with the boys and their sisters, who aren't spayed yet, and share the dogs and the house seperately, I didn't trust that a grown dog would be trustworthy around my cats, who are very small. A couple still look almost kitten size. Gumby just thinks their puppies and having grown up with dogs they make no distinction either. All the hissing on the girls part is a what is this new cat greeting. They'll get things settled.

I look forward to getting everyone fixed, including Gumby, so we can have the family all together. Its been held up by non furry family concerns but won't be making a trip for a little while now so I can.

I'll be adding pics of the rest of the crew and would be very grateful if someone can help me post pics to a message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats