Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 09:08 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,388,053 times

Advertisements

The Marinating Cat Is Off the Menu -- And In a New Home

Cute little bugger

FOXNews.com - The Marinating Cat Is Off the Menu -- And In a New Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 06:10 AM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
What a beautiful cat; thank goodness he found a new home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
This is a classic example of what can happen then you give a cat up for adoption.
I guess you'd rather the cat was tied into a sack and thrown into the river than the shelter try to find it a home?

This guy even had the shelter folks snookered, and he obviously has some sort of mental health disorder.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:14 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,280,065 times
Good God!!!!!!!!

Old 08-12-2010, 10:01 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Gotta wonder about some of these animal hoarders also - when they finally get rid of the animals, how long is it before they get more
Within days I heard on TV. That is unless they willingly gave up those animals they had. Hoarders are more in need of psychiatric help than punishment. Those who abuse and neglect their pets should be punished and the vast majority are not.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:03 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
What a beautiful cat; thank goodness he found a new home!

I guess you'd rather the cat was tied into a sack and thrown into the river than the shelter try to find it a home?

This guy even had the shelter folks snookered, and he obviously has some sort of mental health disorder.
Shelters don't screen people like Rescues do or you can do yourself. That's my issue with most of them. No I don't believe in tossing cats in rivers in sacks.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:33 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,662,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandkitten View Post
All I can say is .... nope. Can't say that on here. Jesus. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Guys? I'll start choppin the god damn peppers. I want that man hog-tied and dropped off on the doorstep in time for dinner. I'm sure he won't miss a few limbs.

I love that poor kitty for everything he's already been through. And I don't even know him.
I am right there with you, MK. What I want to say in highlighted text and in bold I would be thrown out for! SICK! SICK!

AND THIS MAN WAS CHARGED THEN RELEASED????????????

OMG! WHERE ARE PEOPLE'S HEARTS??????????????

Old 08-12-2010, 12:48 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,673,640 times
the sad thing about this is that it shows problems with adopting animals and the screening, yet if you go to the CD's Dog forum, you will see a lenghty post where people were complaining about too much screening and how it's more important to find a home than to find a good home for animals. They belive that if a person wants the animal, give it to them, but it seems some poeple wantthem for a reason but companionship. I bet if shelters and resuces start asking more questions to make sure the person is abit more stable, you will hear more complaints as being too nosey.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:46 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
I can see why the shelters don't want kittens to end up as pit bull snacks, on animal 'crush videos' or some sich twisted crap like that. The end result is that their adoption policies are too strict for good-hearted people, but not strict enough for the sickos. I don't know what the answer is.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:04 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,673,640 times
There is no real answer, its doing the best that can be done. From time to time, some sicko wack is going to adopt a pet and some bad thing will happen and unless the shelter or rescue just screwed the whole thing, what can you say but, what a sad tradgedy. I';m not going to call for the heads of these people. on the other side, they may have had to set some stricter standards because of past expereince. that's the breaks too. I;m not going to ride their butts over a policy that is intended to weed out sickos and wacks even if it causes good people to be rejected. The shelter/rescuce is in a no win situation. maybe an answer is when someone is cruel or neglect their animals, they get the stock in front of city hall. but sometimes some sick wacko person is caught and instead of being held accountable, they have neighbors and friends coming to their defense. look at when people are found with a hundred cats in their house under misserable conditions, sometimes with ill and dead cats inside, yet you actually have animal lovers defending the hording. Figure that one out?

Old 08-12-2010, 06:18 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
This thread is making me hungry.

(joke, just kidding)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats