Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 09:22 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times

Advertisements

Glad you rescused your kitty in time. I would have thought you'd hear the thumping the minute the dryer went on. I guess it would depend how many clothes/towels were in there.

I keep my dryer closed, but I still have to be careful when I unload from the washer to dryer. I had a handful of clothes I put into the dryer and was reaching back to the washer for more clothes. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something move. Sure enough, one of my kittens followed the wet clothes into the dryer. I'm just glad I saw her jump in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 09:27 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsigurl3000 View Post
but it's not really an accident, either; it's a product of human carelessness and stupidity.
Must be nice to be perfect and never make a mistake.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:34 AM

544 posts, read 1,485,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
Must be nice to be perfect and never make a mistake.
Please don't read something in there that isn't there; I never suggested I was free from carelessness or stupidity.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:00 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsigurl3000 View Post
I'm not saying that anyone on here would do this on purpose (you could get arrested for that, if you did), but it's not really an accident, either; it's a product of human carelessness and stupidity. [/color]
I think she's trying to say that this, like all accidents, can be prevented. Think of every accident or mistake that you've ever been involved in. Chances it was caused by inattention or negligence on someone's part.

Almost every bad thing can be prevented. Just by posting this, the OP is making people aware of what can happen. See this as an opportunity to learn from someone else's mistake.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:18 PM

299 posts, read 1,132,437 times
OMG. The same thing happened to me a few years back. I had gone on my first date with my now husband. My roommate at the time called me (while I was driving to my date) and told me what happened earlier in the day. I had already been with my cat and knew he was fine when my roommate told me but I was MORTIFIED. He said that he threw a sweatshirt in the dryer and knew something was wrong because of the way it sounded. He said he only took about 10 tumbles but still.... it could have been horribly tragic. I laugh about it now but this post just freaked me out.

I'm glad my dryer is in the garage now...

So glad your kitty is ok!! Give him lots of love!

Old 09-02-2010, 11:54 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli702LovesCats View Post
OMG !!! My cat was in the dryer !!! ...... Prob 10 minutes ! I was in the shower. I checked on the pants I put in to get the wrinkles out and saw blood on them. Then I heard a faint meow. I look in and saw my poor Panda Man !! Blood from him nose and mouth, panting profussly. I picked him up and put him in the crisper in my fridge opened the freezer and dumped the whole bag of ice on him. Called the nearest vet and took him in. THANK GOD !!! They gave him a shot of dexamethazone for shock and inflamation. Took him home hour later. His mouth is blistered on the roof, same with the inside of his ears. Overall he is fine. Back to purring again. His coat was really staticy and fluffy when I went to pick him up. The vet said we should change him name to Fluff n Fold. My heart dropped when he said that, after seeing the terror in my eyes he appologized. My husband thought it was funny. OMG !!! I am sooooo lucky. Thank you GOD !!! I LOVE my pets with a PASSION !!! More than my hubby (that's what u get for laughing).
Did you use a dryer sheet?

Bet he won't be climbing up in the dryer anymore.

Glad he is ok.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:46 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli702LovesCats View Post
OMG !!! My cat was in the dryer !!! ...... Prob 10 minutes ! I was in the shower. I checked on the pants I put in to get the wrinkles out and saw blood on them. Then I heard a faint meow. I look in and saw my poor Panda Man !! Blood from him nose and mouth, panting profussly. I picked him up and put him in the crisper in my fridge opened the freezer and dumped the whole bag of ice on him. Called the nearest vet and took him in. THANK GOD !!! They gave him a shot of dexamethazone for shock and inflamation. Took him home hour later. His mouth is blistered on the roof, same with the inside of his ears. Overall he is fine. Back to purring again. His coat was really staticy and fluffy when I went to pick him up. The vet said we should change him name to Fluff n Fold. My heart dropped when he said that, after seeing the terror in my eyes he appologized. My husband thought it was funny. OMG !!! I am sooooo lucky. Thank you GOD !!! I LOVE my pets with a PASSION !!! More than my hubby (that's what u get for laughing).
When I was in highschool, my mom threw a a load of clothes in the dryer, and while she was putting the new clothes in, our cat, Bunny (yes, really) jumped in.

A few minutes later the family was in the basemen (iit's finished. We didn't just hang out in dirty old basements ), and we could hear all this thumping from upstairs. My Mom wondered if she'd accidentally thrown a shoe in with the clothes so told me to check. I ran upstairs and I opened the door, and the poor thing bolted right out. She was not hurt, and luckily the dryer was not on a hot setting.

My vision is extremely blurry, it's a reaction I get from benadryl, so I am hoping I'm hitting the right keys!

Old 09-20-2010, 01:16 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times
Glad your kitty is okay. Don't beat yourself up over it. Everything turned out okay. I have a couple very curious cats and your post made me think about the whole dryer thing. My dryers always had lights inside them so I guess I never kept the door open for that reason. Food for thought, thanks.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:11 PM

689 posts, read 1,657,183 times
This made me cry!! I am so glad everything is okay. I am a meanie whenever my cat gets near the dryer...that is one of my bigger fears with him. Give him lots of extra love!

Old 03-05-2017, 03:47 AM

1 posts, read 901 times
Today my kitten got into the dryer. He was in in there for an hour. Im ****ed up by it and I really need some support on how people handled it. I wish I didn't see his body. I keep telling myself he didn't suffer and died before all those horrible things happening to him. I don't know what to do. Please someone help me thru this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats