Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 09:42 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,483,283 times

Advertisements

I'm having a hard time typing because my cat is where my laptop should be. It would be there during most waking hours if I allowed it. It wakes me up looking for affection. It raises my hands with its nose....so I'll pet it.

It is completely spoiled. It won't even eat tuna...let alone a mouse.

He is a large cat....I call him Mr. Rotundity. He starts purring when he enters the room, petting is the only thing he seems interested in.....and looking outside.

Can cats wear out their purr?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 11:42 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
He sounds like my old cat, Mickey, he purred, loudly, constantly. He also wanted to be with me 24-7, if I shut the door of the bathroom, he would stick his paws under the door, trying to get in. He would also put cat toys in my bed when I was asleep, trying to get me to play with him at night. I would wake up surrounded with a plethora of cat toys. Forget about trying to read the paper, the minute it was on the table he would sprawl on it. At night, he would pat my face until I lifted up the comforter and let him snuggle in, then I could not get to sleep because of the loud purring. No other cat has come close to him. Miss him much. Had him for 22 years.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:05 PM

542 posts, read 1,099,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
He sounds like my old cat, Mickey, he purred, loudly, constantly. He also wanted to be with me 24-7, if I shut the door of the bathroom, he would stick his paws under the door, trying to get in. He would also put cat toys in my bed when I was asleep, trying to get me to play with him at night. I would wake up surrounded with a plethora of cat toys. Forget about trying to read the paper, the minute it was on the table he would sprawl on it. At night, he would pat my face until I lifted up the comforter and let him snuggle in, then I could not get to sleep because of the loud purring. No other cat has come close to him. Miss him much. Had him for 22 years.
my cat stands by the door an meows as if someone is killing her when i go to the bathroom.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:25 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,334,293 times
It's easier for me to allow the cat in the bathroom with me rather than shut her out. It's stressful to her if she can't see me. She sticks to me like glue but is not obnoxious about it. She sleeps right next to me in the bed. She is always with me in whatever room I happen to be in. It makes her happy and it makes me happy.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:36 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,194,708 times
JohnHAdams: You'll miss that 'too affectionate' cat when he is gone (unless you have a heart of stone). Enjoy him and his purr while he is here. Cats are meant to be spoiled, although I admit they can be a royal pain at times. Mine does his best to make me feel guilty when I leave the house for several hours.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:49 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,866,274 times
ive never heard the woords "too affectionate" and "cat" in the same sentence before!
make the most of it!

Old 01-01-2011, 01:04 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,840,601 times
Purrs aren't like the motors in cars. They'll go on for as long, and as often, as the one who controls them wants them to. And purring isn't only a sign of contentment, it also seems to be a tranquilizer of sorts. When my cat once returned home after taking a bad fall from a tree, she was rumbling away. With a laceration and an abrasion, each over a foot long, all the way up her belly she was still "PURRRRR...PURRRRR..."
Another way cats are, er, peculiar is that they can wander around or snooze for hours at a time with no thought toward what you're doing - until you make/take a phone call. The same holds true for when you're trying to read or write. My PC keyboard isn't positioned in such a way that Weasie can block my typing, but she'll climb onto the desk and nestle between it and the mouse. I think the message is that we have to be available AT ALL TIMES to immediately meet any demands which might occur.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:09 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Another way cats are, er, peculiar is that they can wander around or snooze for hours at a time with no thought toward what you're doing - until you make/take a phone call. The same holds true for when you're trying to read or write. My PC keyboard isn't positioned in such a way that Weasie can block my typing, but she'll climb onto the desk and nestle between it and the mouse. I think the message is that we have to be available AT ALL TIMES to immediately meet any demands which might occur.

In other words, they are just like young children.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:12 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,555,632 times
my cat purred constantly and was very affectionate and sensitive. I would miss her regardless (she died in September 2009) but her loving personality made her particularly irreplaceable. Enjoy your adorable cat!

Old 01-01-2011, 01:35 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
In other words, they are just like young children.
- Mommy, mommy, mommy, mom, mom, moooooooommmmm....
- What??!!!
- Hi.

(courtesy of Stewie & Lois from Family Guy)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats